View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #93
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I would argue in Cena's run on top he's rarely had to carry a Mania. The only time I think he was the key focal point was 22 with HHH and the two fights with The Rock. Outside of that he's been in mostly random matches. I would say Taker has carried more Manias than John. I don't think Orton ever carried a Mania, maybe 25 with HHH. But that's debatable.

At this stage Mania is more about the time when the part time guys come back and interact with the day to day stars. That's why it'll be interesting to see if they keep putting Goldberg over Brock to create a new attraction.
Cena and Orton also had plenty of big name stars on the roster itself to carry a Mania before the WWE ever needed to worry about that or start dip more into part-timers because of the lack of new big stars.

The more they keep plugging in big part-timer stars to help sell a Mania, the more it become obvious at how bad the roster has become in terms of top star quality. Especially now that Cena and Orton are starting to move more into the part-timer territory.

Of the rumored card right now, only Reigns vs Strowman match has neither guy involved being a part-timer. Same in regards to the potential multiple main event matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksuke nakamura View Post
Quote:
A location has not been set for WrestleMania 34, though Minneapolis and Lubbock are rumored to all be in the bidding process. WWE is keen to sign Brock Lesnar for another year as they would still like to have the big WrestleMania moment where Lesnar puts over Roman Reigns on the grand stage. There is early talk, with the number of older superstars potentially leaving after WrestleMania 33 in Orlando, that it will be more important than ever to utilize the drawing abilities of John Cena, HHH and Randy Orton. Nothing has been set in stone for any of the three but an early idea was tossed around of John Cena vs Shane McMahon as a future potential dream match. HHH and Randy Orton would likely become involved in feuds that culminated in the event as well.

- Ryan Clark, tpww.net
Probably going to be Minny getting it or maybe Philly since they've been trying for the past couple of years. Don't really see the WWE going right back to Texas this soon considering they just had a Mania this year.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote