View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #167
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Let's try this again. Card is probably still going to be too long but whatever. I'm listing the SmackDown matches first but aside from the main event this isn't reflective of match order.

WWE Championship
John Cena vs. The Undertaker (C)

I'm sticking with my guns on this one, because I'm certain it's the match they want to do - and I just can't see them not having a moment like Cena passing Flair not being at Mania. So that just leaves figuring out how to get to this match. I'm thinking Styles will refuse to give Cena a title match because he's already beaten him, which leads to a surprise Taker return and AJ having to face him instead. Taker wins the belt at the Rumble in Texas. Do they want Cena to win the Rumble or is that overkill? Let's say Cena comes up just short but then earns #1 contendership in the Elimination Chamber instead.

LOLTNA Match
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

This is another one I'm sticking with from my last card but admittedly it's out of hope that they don't do AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon or haphazardly toss AJ into the IC Title match. Joe debuts in the Rumble and ends up being part of the SmackDown brand. Maybe these two have a run-in backstage and AJ ends up screwing Joe out of his Elimination Chamber qualifying match? At least it plants the seeds for something. You could easily put the winner of this match against Cena in the title match at the next SmackDown PPV.

7-Man Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Sami Zayn vs. vs. The Miz (C)

My initial plans for this was to have all former IC Champions plus Sami (who I can still see being acquired in a trade after Braun Strowman kills him on an episode of Raw), but with Luke Harper now a tag champion and Zack Ryder injured I'm putting in Crews and Corbin to fill out the field. Still not at all convinced that Daniel Bryan is wrestling, but I could totally see him booking this match to try to screw with Miz.

SmackDown Women's Championship
Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch (C)

I still think this is their planned SmackDown women's match despite neither being the champion right now. If Raw can hot potato their Women's belt, so can SmackDown. Becky takes the strap off of Alexa soon enough and Nikki ends up getting her "WrestleMania moment".

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family (C)

I thought they'd rush through Orton leaving the Wyatt Family, but in his recent interview he gushed about how much he's enjoying it. So I'm going to be optimistic and say they roll with it for a while. I would've gone with American Alpha/Wyatt Family but now it seems they're going to need to go to that program already. Maybe The New Day do something to piss off Stephanie again, hence they get traded? This could hypothetically even be a six-man tag.

Universal Championship
Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns (C)

If Cena isn't winning the Rumble, then that means I'm predicting Braun Strowman will. I could actually see WWE doing it as a shock. Cena and Braun as the final two, everybody expects Cena to overcome the odds. Picks Braun up for an AA over the top but Braun slides off and just chucks Cena out. I think it would actually take the crowd off guard because everybody is used to Cena conquering the monster. I imagine Braun would take his first clean pin here but who knows.

The Beast vs. The Berg: Part 3
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

We already know this one is happening.

Battle of the Pedigree
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H

Ditto.

United States Championship
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (C)

A few weeks ago they talked up the US Title being the one title Jericho hasn't held yet. I could see him getting another shot and winning it during this Reigns/Owens feud, although that's mostly to avoid Reigns having both belts as he'd probably never defend the US Title otherwise. I do hope Jericho sticks around long enough to have a proper end to the Owens storyline.

Raw Women's Championship Triple Threat Match
Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (C)

Much like I have Ziggler getting another IC Title opportunity, I don't think they'll pass up the chance to get Sasha added to this match even after it was meant to be over between her and Charlotte. Plus, making a triple threat means Bayley can get her first title win in a big spot while Charlotte also keeps her one-on-one PPV streak alive, which seems to be a critical issue for WWE.

Raw Tag Team Championships
American Alpha vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (C)

Well, I had The New Day getting traded - so somebody has to go to Raw in return. And really, once they do Alpha/Wyatts, what else is there for them to do on the blue brand? This would be a fun match, and hopefully The Revival could join the party after Mania and we'd get some killer matches between these three teams.

6-Man Tag Team Match
Shaquille O'Neal, Enzo Amore, and Big Cass vs. Big Show, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson

In my last card I had New Day in for Enzo and Cass, but since they're on SmackDown now I needed to change this up. This could very well end up being a one on one match but I think they could add other people so Show would have someone to promo with when Shaq's not there. It could also set up Cass going over Show during the build or the next night on Raw when Show formally retires. He strikes me as someone who would want to put over a young guy on the way out.

Cruiserweight Championship
Kalisto vs. Neville (C)

That Kalisto for Zayn trade makes too much sense to not happen, dammit! But yeah, if you're doing it you may as well get Kalisto right in the title picture. This would almost certainly be one of the pre-show matches but they could get the crowd going.

4th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Aiden English, Curt Hawkins, Fandango, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, James Ellsworth, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Konnor, Mojo Rawley, Rhyno, Simon Gotch, Tyler Breeze, Viktor, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Darren Young, Epico, Finn Balor, Goldust, Jinder Mahal, Mark Henry, Primo, R-Truth, Rusev, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil

You can give 3 more spots to cruiserweights or whoever to make it an even 30 if you want. Hell if you add the entire cruiserweight division it would break the previous record for largest battle royal ever. But anyway, the name that stands out like a sore thumb is Finn Balor. I'd have him be one of the surprise guys that gets his own entrance like DDP and Shaq last year. I wouldn't announce him in advance because otherwise it'd just stand out that they found nothing for him to do. He gets the win in a good return moment and then can try to get the Universal Title match at the next show.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote