View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #22
TSI
underground legend

TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)TSI has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
That's the impression I have gotten from Indian friends and family too. I mean, most of them don't follow wrestling or give a flying fuck, but what I understand about Indian culture (very little) is that it's not this holistic thing you can just pander to. Of the 1.3 billion people there, they have like 10 celebrities. I'm exaggerating. But this idea that they just need an Indian person to be pushed seems quite intuitively untrue. At least to me. I'd also like to hear what Guru Dave says, beyond that Mahal's Punjabi is terrible.

I'd also like to see proper numbers, but I'm not going to be surprised, and I've always predicted that this venture into India, at least in the way that they expect Jinder Mahal to be a star there, was always going to fail. It just felt really racist and simplistic to me. Otherwise wouldn't every Kal Penn movie instantly be the biggest success coming out of Hollywood? It's a bit more complex than that, you know?
It never helps that every non American ends up playing a heel that hates Americans. If I were an indian fan Im sure Id be bored to tears seeing that play out yet again, regardless if Jinder is Indian or not. Speaking of Foreign Heels, hes not remotely the best or anywhere close.
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote