View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #105
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
When I see new cartoon series for certain things, I have a "what the fuck is that shit" reaction the animation.
Mostly for comic book series. I just preferred the simple Spiderman and X-Men styles, even if it wasn't technically as good of animation. I don't like the modern stuff where the proportions are all exaggerated and it's injected with style to the max.
I sort of felt the same way when I saw the new Ninja Turtles.
The Batman TAS style was perfect, and from what I've seen they continued to "improve" upon it until it was shit.

I'm sure nostalgia plays a big role, but not fully since there are plenty of things I've seen that I don't totally scoff at.
Stylised art is cool, but Hella overdone. Spider-Man and X-Men were terribly animated, but they were at least leaps and bounds above the art standards for comics at the time, so it's still a neutral deal to me.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote