View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #26
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Completely on-board with how great Charlotte is though. Her look is tremendous. I don't just mean that in a seedy way -- she looks like a fucking champion. She's well built, presents herself well, and looks relatively threatening. Bayley is in shape, but looks so innocent. Sasha Banks is quite thin and looks like she could break. Becky is in tremendous form, but comes off as quite "normal." All of those work for the gimmicks they have found, but Charlotte's is that of the superseding women's wrestling star, and she inhabits it so well.

Some of her matches have been phenomenal. Given her experience level, she's got to be considered a prodigy to some degree. Her promo content is wonderful, and even when she was a face in NXT, she'd tell the fans to "shut up when I'm talking" and it'd fit.

She's not my favorite women's wrestler -- that would easily be Becky #1 and Emma #2 -- but I might have to concede that she is the best. I know people LOVE Sasha, but I'm glad Charlotte won the belt back off her. Babyface Sasha works well in the ring, but is less impressive outside it as a full personality. I also like that Charlotte breaks the Charlotte ---> Sasha ---> Bayley cycle we all saw coming. It feels like all bets are off as to who rises up and takes the belt off her now.

To me, Charlotte and Sasha are the heel characters in the division. One runs RAW and the other runs SmackDown. Bayley and Becky are your babyface contenders. Natalya is your really strong wrestling hand on one of the shows. She's there to get beat by Bayley or Becky and make them look good. Emma is going to be harder to fit, because while I like Evil Emma, she feels somewhat out of place despite looking tremendous lately. It's a shame Paige isn't on great terms with the company, because I feel like they are natural rivals and could be a great supplementary program on RAW to fill those three hours.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote