Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #369
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've always enjoyed Heath Ledger's work - I thought he was great in A Knight's Tale, he was very entertaining in Ten Things I Hate About You (especially when you take that movie for what it was, really), and he has shown great diversity between roles in movies like Lords of Dogtown, The Brothers Grimm, Brokeback Mountain, The Patriot, and now The Dark Knight.

That said, even I was pretty skeptical when I first heard he'd been signed as the Joker, but honestly, with every photo, promo shot, soundclip and consequently video piece that has been shown of him in this role, I can, without hesitation, say that my fears were completely unfounded and that Figs is absolutely right. I don't even know why I doubted that he would be good. He's one of those actors that genuinely puts himself completely into a role, and I'm yet to see a movie where I haven't enjoyed his work (even if I haven't enjoyed the movie *cough*brothersgrimm*cough*). Dark Knight looks like it won't be an exception.

Not that I thought it would be, really.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote