Thread: WWE 12
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #31
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
If Edge isn't on the main roster he'll definitely be in the "Legends" section.
I expect he'll be on the main roster, much like HBK was last year. This will probably be his last SD game though, I don't see him being a perrenial legend like Rock, Austin, Vince, and (most likely) HBK. Could also see Lawler getting in the game this year. Booker T also has a decent chance since they put Steamboat in last year and hyped him as being a "WCW legend". Think they'll also put Diesel in to take advantage of his Legends deal. Don't see Cole being in as a playable guy, though I could see him being a throw-in for DLC (Kharma will be heavily requested DLC this year too I'm sure).

Last year's roster was massive. By my count there were 72 playable characters out of box (one of which was Bret who I think was actually on the disk even though not everybody got him by default). I gotta think The Hurricane was meant to be playable but they scrapped it after his release well before Mania, leaving him in only for his Road to WM skit. There's also evidence in Road to WM that guys like Carlito and Khali were in but were scrapped, so conceivably the roster could be as high as 74-75 out of box.

I think everyone who was in last year's game that was still around at about WM time this year (including Edge and McCool) will return. Being in the game before always gives you a leg-up at inclusion the next year. Between the active roster, 10 or so legends, and the token spot or two for random characters like the Druid - I think you'll be left with only a few spots to pick between the New Nexus or the Trent Barretas and Tyler Rekses of the world.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote