View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #563
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
• I'd say that Rusev/Reigns was the second best HIAC match last night. Rusev using the kendo stick on a chest protector-wearing Reigns made no sense. It got worse when Reigns sold it.

As I said, it was a good match but it did have its "bad" moments. Reigns being victorious even though he got his ass handed to him was probably the worst, but also Reigns working his way out of The Accolade with a chain wrapped across his mouth was also pretty "bad" too.

I am happy Rusev lost though as I've said many times before, he can now go on to bigger and better things, such as chasing the Universal Championship and I feel his loss last night has helped him with that as he was pretty dominant throughout the match, which will help him look like a legitimate threat to the Universal Champion whenever that time comes.

• Also, speaking of getting your ass handed to you only to end up winning, I feel the same happened during the Bayley/Brooke match.

Brooke looked so good during the match and was showing how far she's came since her call up to the main roster. She dominated that match but came out the loser. She should also stick to that ring attire. She looks so much more intimidating and professional with that one than she does with her purple one with no back to it.

I hate that purple one.

• Gallows & Anderson/Enzo & Cass was alright but I feel I've slightly soured on Cass. At first I was really high on him but now. Meh. I still feel the duo should go their separate ways or that Cass should go into singles action and have Enzo be his manager and occasional mouthpiece. I really feel that Enzo is holding Cass back to a degree. I also noticed that Enzo has reached that point where he's recycling his lines. He's used the "Times New Roman" joke a few times before.

I don't get what's going on with Gallows & Anderson. They say that all the fun and games is over and that's why they've went after Enzo & Cass, but after them, which fun-loving team is next? Golden Truth?

If it is them, then nobody is really going to give a fuck.

• I'd say the best HIAC match was Owens/Rollins, which surprises me as I absolutely hate Owens and everything he does, but I can't lie and say I didn't enjoy it. I really feel that this should have been the main event and not Banks/Charlotte. The match was main event quality and was good from beginning to end.

• Kendrick/Perkins was slow as all hell and I feel it killed the crowd a bit after the HIAC match but I'm just happy that Kendrick won.

I like me some Kendrick.

The finish though wasn't all that great and all it really did was make Perkins look like a complete retard.

• I think we can all safely say now that The New Day are going to be breaking Demolition's record.

The match was actually not that bad, but the ending just sucked. Is there something about Cesaro and Sheamus that everything they're involved in has to completely suck? The decisions when it comes to these guys have been pretty terrible recently. The Best Of Seven Series ending in a draw was bad and them being thrown together sucked and I thought the payoff would be them winning the titles, but they didn't. They lose their shot via DQ.

So I can't help but feel that the last three months have been completely pointless and a waste of time. I can only hope something happens on Raw tonight, like they win the titles in a rematch or something.

• Finally, the "Main Event". This really shouldn't have been the main event. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or whatever, but why have the main event of your PPV not be headlined with a match for your brand's biggest championship?

I can see why No Mercy kicked off with the WWE Championship, but I can't help but feel that Banks/Charlotte was the main event just so the WWE could be all "Equality!" and so on. It felt forced. It didn't feel natural.

The match itself was pretty shit though. I just felt it was a massive spot-fest along with Banks trying to see how many times she could land on her neck/head without killing herself, along with trying her best Mick Foley impersonation from time to time.

The ending was pretty bad too. I feel the table was supposed to break but it didn't because Banks didn't set it up correctly.

I'm happy that Charlotte won though. I can now only hope that we're done with the Banks/Charlotte saga and Charlotte can get some new competition. Saying that though and the only real competition left is Nia Jax but she would need a face turn to go after the title.

• Overall, the PPV was fine but I enjoyed No Mercy more. It's just something about Raw that makes the show and its PPV's feel "meh". I don't know what word I'm looking for but I just don't find myself enjoying Raw and its PPV's as much as I enjoy SmackDown and its PPV's.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote