View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
Evidently, you've never played a GTA or TES game.

Fuck, people bitch that they couldn't murder children in Skyrim

Also, my point was that assuming people think like you is a poor way to rule.

What would really kill it is that it would end up being an AO certification. No store would stock it, no console would run it, and PC players would still manage to bitch somehow about how they were being treated unfair.
To be fair, I was among one of those that bitched about it in Fallout 3. You could do it in the first two, and it just seemed like pandering to remove it. Also, it wasn't really a "reward" to be able to do so... you got the "Childkiller perk", which wasn't really a perk at all, but a crushing blow to your karma. Even if you wiped one out on accident because they got caught in a firefight.

Plus, it seemed like they went out of their way to make most of the included brats annoying as hell (see Little Lamplight or Republic of Dave), as if to rub your nose in the fact that you couldn't end their sorry asses.

But I digress... yeah, the AO thing is ironically the kiss of death. It was SUPPOSED to be the stamp for games that bore no bones about being marketed to legally mature folks. Instead, it got relegated to the unreleased Thrill Kill and the first run of GTA:San Andreas. Its the NC17 of the gaming market... and that was supposed to do the same thing for movies.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote