View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:22 PM   #364
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The List of Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 10/6 edition of Impact Wrestling did 305,000 viewers, down from last week's 365,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Corgan has ideas, including a name change. It’s been said that they are looking at a different location for taping as well, but the reason they’ve stayed at Disney all along is because it’s far less expensive than taping on the road, as the road tapings put the company heavily into red ink.
Quote:
T.J. Wilson, 36 (Tyson Kidd), is starting to talk publicly about the injury he suffered that nearly killed him. Wilson was wrestling Samoa Joe on June 1, 2015, in San Antonio and suffered a badly broken neck on a muscle buster. His injury was similar to the injury that Christopher Reeve suffered. Essentially, there was a 95 percent chance of death, and when he didn’t die, there was almost no chance of anything but paralysis. However, due to a lot of incredible luck, he’s been able to live a largely a normal life. But his head is numb and his range of motion in his neck is limited. The feeling in his head was expected to come back after surgery and never has. He had not talked about the subject publicly at all, although it had become clear that he would never be able to return to wrestle, which is what he’s done since he was very young, growing up as practically a member of the Hart family with Teddy Hart and Harry Smith, among others, before marrying into the family.
Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and WWE have joined forces for a Ninja Superstars action figure line. They will be marketed by Playmates Toys and available exclusively at Walmart starting in early November. Leonardo will be John Cena, Raphael will be Sting, Donatello will be Undertaker and Michelangelo will be Randy Savage.
The 100k Replies Wrestling thread has an image of the WWE TMNT toys.

Quote:
Tim Wiese, the former German star goalkeeper, makes his pro wrestling debut on the 11/3 show in Munich, teaming with Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Carlito & Primo & Bo Dallas.
Quote:
Another issue, now that we are in October, is that the annual late January tour of the U.K. hasn’t been announced. That tour usually takes care of six weeks worth of television, and with larger and hotter crowds (although the crowds were way down this past year) it’s the one time where TNA comes across as a major league looking group. However, television ratings on Challenge declined greatly in the past year, and as noted, TNA had cut back to three shows last year and none of the three drew well.
Some more problems TNA is currently dealing with.

Quote:
Bret Hart on being embarrassed about WWE Hall of Fame

"I'm never going to take anything away from any of the inductees that they've had. But to me, the HOF this year I have a voice of protest as sort of a legendary figure of the industry. I am embarrassed that there's so many great wrestlers out there that have never been given their credit. Never got their due."

Hart went on to identify Ric Rude, the Fabulous Rougeaus, the Demolition and the Hart Foundation as deserving potential inductees. He was also critical of recent inductees the Freebirds:

"Why have they been overlooked when you can induct the Freebirds who never did squat in WWE? Ever. Never drew any money, never did anything. When I remember the Freebirds, they were all drunk and passed out at the gate at one of the airports in my first day in WWF. None of them even made the show that day, they were too drunk to make their plane."

Bret Hart on Andre the Giant "firing" The Freebirds, Owen Hart in the Hall of Fame:

"A few weeks later—when I was wrestling, I was just starting in WWF—they showed up at the building at about 9:30 in Providence, Rhode Island. And I remember Andre the Giant said 'you guys are fired,' and I remember Michael Hayes cutting a promo on Andre telling him 'you can't fire me,' and 'who do you think you are?' and 'we'll see who's fired tomorrow!' And I remember Andre saying 'we'll see who's fired tomorrow.' They were fired, they were gone the next day."

"I've always gotten along with [Michael Hayes], but as far as their contribution to wrestling, gimme a break. They were all pill heads and, for lack of a better word, they were all screw-ups.

"They're not picking the cream of the crop, they're picking whoever the first person they see on the list and they go 'he would be easy to fly in.'"

"If you're going to have a Hall of Fame, you've got to have Owen Hart in the Hall of Fame."

Hart has a petition online to get Owen Hart into the Hall of Fame which you can visit at OwenHartForHallofFame.com.
From a recent interview Bret Hart had with Forbes: http://blogs.forbes.com/housemoneystudios/?p=879%C2%A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Wrestling DVD Network is reporting that the first confirmed WWE DVD/Blu-ray release in 2017 is a career retrospective on former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Diamond Dallas Page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE champion Alberto El Patron (fka Del Rio) will be appearing for an autograph and photo session at the 20th Anniversary Jersey All Pro Wrestling event this November in Rahway, NJ
Quote:
TMZ asked Cena if he was offered, would he take a co-host spot on “Live with Kelly.” He said that if they give him that chance, he would take it and do the best he can. “I’ll answer the phone, but I’m not going to sit by the phone.” But he gave an answer to make sure to not garner the ire of wrestling fans to chant “You sold out,” saying, “It’s really cool to sit down with a suit and tie in the morning and then fly to Smackdown Live and be a WWE Superstar.” If he does get the gig as a daily host of the show, I don’t see him being able to do pro wrestling except for major shows
Quote:
Expect big pushes between now and the end of the year for O’Reilly, Bobby Fish and Ricochet. In particular, New Japan wants to establish Fish & O’Reilly as credible foreign heavyweight division stars. Owner Takaaki Kidani, a big MMA fan, in particular is high on O’Reilly because of his ability to work Jiu Jitsu into having great pro wrestling matches. Ricochet will remain in the junior heavyweight division but become higher profile
Quote:
Yuki Shiraishi, who is from Seoul, South Korea, but best known as Nikkan Lee, worked at NXT over the weekend. The shows were tryouts and she has not been signed. Shiraishi, 41, who is married to Japanese wrestler Ryuji Ito, was one of only two female referees on male promotion shows in Japan. She had been the main referee for Big Japan Pro Wrestling for some time, and has more than 17 years of experience as a referee. and has also wrestled
Quote:
We were on our way over to Iraq, which is a really, really long flight. And we were actually flying from New Finland to Rammstein airforce base in Germany. This is like twelve hours into the flight, people passed out and lots of alcohol consumed. It was a C17 transport plane, a big, wide open plane. People are scattered all over the place. 90% of the people were sleeping. Vince, a sixty-five year old billionaire, was low-crawling around being super stealthy with a bag of hard candies tucked under his arm. He'd hide behind something, pop his head up, throw a candy at their face, then pop down again. They'd wake up, look around and see nothing then go back to sleep. Then he'd pop up and do it again. Just kept doing it.
Wacky Vince story from back in the day from a recent Mr. Kennedy AMA session on r/SquaredCircle.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to the Observer, TNA talent still haven't been told who helped fund the recent ppv and set of tv tapings. Also once again upset at the sheets doing a better job than management at keeping them up to date with TNA's issues.
  • Website GamesRadar had a recent interview with Big Show with topics including WWE 2k17 and what is his current favorite game to play. http://www.gamesradar.com/kanes-glov...stler-hygiene/
  • Amazon recently dropped the ability to pre-order Stephanie McMahon's upcoming book on their website due to the lack of a new release date.
  • Observer recently debunked rumors of the WWE wanting or already having Paul Heyman work on Creative for one of the brands.
  • Chris Jericho revealed his recently finished writing a new book with a planned May 2017 release. Unlike his previous books, this one will be a self-help type book.
  • According to the Observer, WWE is currently having problems selling tickets, mainly the expensive ones, for NXT's upcoming tour of Australia.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote