View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
The One
Boss

The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Ric Flair vs. Sting - Final Nitro

I will admit I was never a huge WCW fan, however with WCW came the almost tied in history of the NWA, and despite years of terrible booking and mockable storylines, WCW did still represent an era onto itself. The entire Monday Night Wars was something that as a wrestling fan living through it all I knew it would never be the same again after it was over. And even though I knew McMahon had bought WCW, the Flair promo from the opening of the night coupled with the fact that he was facing Sting one last time was almost too much for me to bare. I won't lie, I shed a tear or two that night. It was the end of one of the most exciting and certainly most memorable series of events in wrestling history. Flair and Sting were going out there as the icons and representation of non-WWF programming and one last time giving all they could. And while it wasn't a classic or even above average match for either of them, the feel of the night made me overwhelmed. I thought for sure it would be the last time I saw Flair wrestle. And while that ended up not being true, it at the moment made me feel so proud to have been a Ric Flair fanatic almost all of my life. I don't know that any other match will ever be able to capture that feeling like everything that WCW ever did, a decade of work, all lead up to that, the final match. It was for me priceless.
The One is offline   Reply With Quote