View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #1006
RaginRonic
Hellraiser Extraordinaire

RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)RaginRonic is good (20,000+)
Skippord, get over yourself, you stupid pro-U.S. sports mark...this is how I'd do it...

A] If I won the leadership of the NHL out of Buttman's hands by, say, playing for the Canadiens(as an example franchise) and being on THE Canadian home franchise to end The Drought, I, upon becoming Commissioner on the day NHL free agency opened, would order that the NHL Board of Governors dissolve operations immediately.

B] Replace the corrupt BOG with a committee consisting of former players, active broadcasters, and team boosters from the Canadian home franchises.

C] End ALL revenue sharing with the teams in the Southern U.S. that would be deliquent to the reformed financial interests of the league as a whole.

D] Strip ALL NHL teams of any territorial veto that they may have to force fans in some larger Canadian non-NHL cities to cheer teams between 1-1/2 and 2 hours drive away.

E] Award the cities of Hamilton, Ontario, Quebec City, Quebec, London, Ontario, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, AND Halifax, Nova Scotia expansion or relocated franchises at financial costs relative to their regions in Canada, forgiving some costs for smaller centres.

F] Hold a combined Entry AND ReDistribution Draft that would mandate all 12 Canadian home franchises selected no fewer than 7 pro and 5 rookie players from Canada, and that the 20 U.S. home franchises would select no fewer than 7 pro and 5 rookie players from the U.S., with remaining draft and redistribution picks be split between the U.S. and European countries.

G] Mandate that each Canadian franchise is permitted to have at least 1 high-level elite player on each team.

H] File a request with the federal government in Canada to have taxes that athletes pay here cut down to 6%, as to open up the Canadian market better to allow high-end pro athletic talent to ply their trade in Canada too.

I] Realign the NHL to 2 conferences with 16 teams each, with 4 4-team divisions in each, with the conferences renamed to Campbell and Wales, and the divisions named for both the original names(Adams, Patrick, Norris, and Smythe) and some contemporary NHL luminaries.

J] Eliminate all East V. West conference play during the regular season, only crossing the conferences over in the Cup Finals, and return playoff qualification to being decided by divisional records. Top 2 teams in each division make it to the Spring Stampede to the title, with all 3rd and 4th place teams going to the Draft Lottery.

K] Make a 78-game regular season where the All-Star Break would not happen until each team played it's 39th game by January 10, thereby condensing the season to a more reasonable length.

L] All playoff rounds would be 72 hours apart from the end of the previous round, with the exception of the Stanley Cup Finals, where they would start 96 hours after the end of the last Conference Finals game.

M] Increase fan attractions in all NHL buildings to have an All-Star Weekend-like atmosphere, year round.

N] Mandate cheerleaders in the NHL for all teams. End the stodginess of in-game entertainment.

And finally, O] Make sure the U.S. NHL home franchises thank Canada for the sport of hockey on TV, and make sure that the U.S. home franchises and media partners for the U.S. TV and radio networks cannot manipulate any info or intel they may hear somewhere.

All of the above would PERMANENTLY END the masturbation of the egos of the U.S. NHL home clubs. Which, to me, is repugnant.