View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #107
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
People said Thor really got slow in between the costumed bits but that only made the Hammer's return more epic. It was actually interesting to see a superhero movie with no superheroics sprinkled in the 2nd act. Then again Thor would be the first to say he isn't anybody's superhero. He's a lovable cocky jerk.
I don't think it's so much that it got slow, but that it went on too long. Even then, it was forgiveable. I mean, I don't know what others were saying, but they really could have trimmed a lot of the SHIELD stuff and still kept the second act powerless, but have a much tighter movie.

Actually, that time could have been spent building up his relationship with the other members of Asgard, or giving more scene time to Loki's scheming. But still, I loved the movie and can't wait to see him in the Avengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw
I liked Thor. Just can't see how he can't beat everything himself now that he has his powers.
That's always been the problems with Super Teams. Especially compilations. Cap is a hero, but he should be out of his league when Thor, Hulk, and even Iron Man are on the scene.

But I'm sure everyone will have plenty to do, mostly because Thor won't act tooo Godly and shit.

One of the worries I've seen the most is that this is gonna be the "Tony Stark Show." I'm not sure that's the case. Stark's character is the one most suited to sound bytes for the trailer, and so I'm pretty sure it won't happen. But still. Downey's been awesome, so I might just be able to live with it if it is.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote