Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #2742
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien Barthez View Post
And the commission wouldn't let him fight because he already got 4 fat stiches in it right? Or thats what i've been lead to believe.... I'm not toally sure on that.

You know, why would a man who has been fighting for like, 20 years, and weighs 206 fully clothed for his fight against Kimbo choose to go and get it stiched, and then go to the commission with a booboo, rather than use the oldest, (and most effective in the situation) trick in the book?

That is why I question it all.

And the weigh in was the most stupid thing i've ever seen.
The docs check you before you come out to the ring. You could use all the glue in the world and it would still clearly be a fresh cut. Thats why guys that say they cant close their hands when the punch because they broke it while training are full of shit because the docs check that specifically.

Its not that the organizations or commissions really care about the fighters safety like they say but rather if they let a guy in the ring with a fresh cut and something really bad happens to him because of the cut, then they are liable for it and everyone in attendance and watching on the tv are witness to it. that would be killer for elite xc.

Also Shamrock is actually a big man. Hes much heavier than 205.