Thread: Cena/Del Rio
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
Wolfpack423

Wolfpack423 is "reptacular" (2,500+)Wolfpack423 is "reptacular" (2,500+)Wolfpack423 is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
The smart thing to do with this feud is build up Del Rio to be on level with Cena - his arch nemesis, the Lex Luthor to his Superman, the Joker to his Batman, the Rock to his Austin. They need Del Rio to start dominating, win the WWE Title, and beat Cena relatively clean a few times (maybe even make the guy tap). They need Del Rio to get the one-up on Cena a few times to legitimize him in the eyes of the fans, and then they can have an epic feud.

But I'm not convinced they're going to do that. If Cena beats Del Rio clean in their first PPV match, then it'll be a pretty good sign that the WWE is going to fuck Del Rio to make Cena look even stronger than he already does. After the way they fucked Punk during the New Nexus/Cena angle, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the WWE's ability to elevate new guys to stand against Cena as an equal.
You mean Orton vs. Punk/New Nexus? The Cena vs. Punk/New Nexus storyline barely got started in my opinion. It would have been great and I still don't understand why everyone is down on Cena. He works his ass off for the company in every facet of it and he will put over people. I am an Orton fan as well, but if there's anyone that stops people's momentum it's him. Cena vs. Del Rio will be a fresh feud. I still don't see why Del Rio is anywhere near the title. His matches are pretty good, but everything else is terrible. I have never seen a segment of his outside of a match that I thought was entertaining.
Wolfpack423 is offline   Reply With Quote