Thread: Cena/Del Rio
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #24
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
The smart thing to do with this feud is build up Del Rio to be on level with Cena - his arch nemesis, the Lex Luthor to his Superman, the Joker to his Batman, the Rock to his Austin. They need Del Rio to start dominating, win the WWE Title, and beat Cena relatively clean a few times (maybe even make the guy tap). They need Del Rio to get the one-up on Cena a few times to legitimize him in the eyes of the fans, and then they can have an epic feud.

But I'm not convinced they're going to do that. If Cena beats Del Rio clean in their first PPV match, then it'll be a pretty good sign that the WWE is going to fuck Del Rio to make Cena look even stronger than he already does. After the way they fucked Punk during the New Nexus/Cena angle, I'm not putting a lot of faith in the WWE's ability to elevate new guys to stand against Cena as an equal.
I agree, completely. Cena vs. Del Rio could be absolutely epic if they put Del Rio into the driver's seat. Give him an answer for everything Cena has. If Cena goes to the top rope, Del Rio kicks him off; if Cena tries the Attitude Adjustment on Cena, there are knees and elbows for him; and if Cena tries to take Del Rio to the mat, he gets caught in the Cross Armbreaker. Hell, if Cena tries to rap on Del Rio, have Alberto get Brodus Clay to give Snoop Dogg a call to show up on RAW.

Del Rio could become, as you said -- the kryptonite-wielding Lex Luthor to Cena's Superman if they build him up correctly. But I fear it will just be a fairly generic feud.

Also, Del Rio is the goods. Don't enjoy too many heels like I do Del Rio. He's a heel with balls. Slapping the urn out of Paul Bearer's hands? Now that is a bad-ass.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote