View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #215
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A different idea for getting to Cena vs. Styles for the WWE Title at Mania:

* John Cena gets the Royal Rumble title shot.

* Cena beats AJ Styles after a hard fought match and, weirdly enough, a tiny little bit of cheating when the referee isn't looking. John Cena has become the "16-time World Champion."

* AJ Styles is incensed and has snapped (and maybe even become a submission machine). He tosses things around backstage and says he is entering the Royal Rumble tonight. He bumps into someone like James Ellsworth or even Jinder Mahal and beats the piss out of them, opening up a spot.

* AJ Styles enters the Rumble. You can either go with him being the marathon man or him being a late entry that's pissed off. Either way, Angry Styles wins the 2017 Royal Rumble after losing the WWE Title earlier that night and having yet another classic with John Cena. He'll be getting the title shot at WrestleMania and "there's something different about AJ Styles."

* On SmackDown, Cena comes out to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" in a suit, styling and profiling. He basically acts like a bit of an ass. Not really a heel turn, mind you, but sort of like how Cena was willing to go a bit darker for The Rock. He acts a bit more entitled instead of being the humble "I'm proud of this achievement and for the people who supported me and the men and women who fight for this country" Cena. He's a bit more in love with himself, not unlike the film roles he has been hitting out of the park. He's the man and he knows it, and now that he has that record he's showing a bit more ego.

Basically, Styles goes a bit more serious and Cena is the one who plays bad, even though he still hasn't done anything too dastardly. I dunno, I think it would be more interesting. And someone beating Cena for his 16th championship seems like a bigger deal than Cena actually winning it at this point. I'd rather see Styles go over at WrestleMania too, so if we already have the belt on Cena we can tell the story of Styles going over him and we've done the 16th title win for Cena.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote