View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
While Goldberg losing at Starrcade as he did didn't hault his momentum because he got screwed over, the nWo merger that followed made little sense. I remember the "new Wolfpac" (Hogan, Hall, Nash, Luger, Steiner) cutting a promo after the merger basically saying that they were unified all along and it was all part of a master plan.

So in kayfabe, the nWo felt it would be best to split into 2 different factions and feud with each other for months on end including Hall and Nash having a blood feud...for what? To lull WCW into a false sense of security? Hogan was the champion when the factions split, why the fuck not just stay as one massive group? lol

Obviously, now that I know about the business it was clear they were just trying to get the belt back on Hogan in the most underhanded way possible and, apparently, Hogan wanted to wear red and black because the Wolfpac merch was selling better than the classic nWo stuff. But even as a 10 year old at the time I could tell how non-sensical the storyline was. It was basically WCW saying that everything with the nWo between April 1998 and the merger meant absolutely nothing.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote