View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #28
Johnny Vegas
Head on a Rollercoaster

Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Johnny Vegas puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
Also, I've often seen it said that WCW fucked up by having Goldberg win the belt off of Hogan on Nitro. I never really thought it was that egregious tbh...though I might be biased because it was my biggest wrestling markout moment ever as a kid.

The World Title almost never changed hands on TV at that point. It was a treat to see it happen, made you realize that World Title matches on TV aren't a complete given. And the right audience to do it in front of. I'm just not sure I can buy the logic of "you can't ever switch the top belt on TV" when just a few months later the WWF did it and it basically won them the war.
Exactly.

I understand that there would've been more money made at that specific PPV (maybe a Starrcade bout), but lets be honest, WCW was backed by Turner who figuratively had a blank check for WCW because it was making so much money at the time. This would've benefit WWE more if it was their storyline at the time because its basically Vince's company so it would've been his family's money.
Johnny Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote