View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #35
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Sounds like a great plan, if they can get access to these other libraries. The smarks will love to get access to those bingo hall promotions, and the bingo hall shows will get exposed to maybe 10X the number of people they are now.

To address a couple things. First, from a revenue standpoint, they are ahead of where they were pre Network from PPV/Network. So unless you dont like revenue, it should be pretty clear that the decision to move to Network was a genius move. Especially when you consider that WWE's PPV business was going south. I dont think any stars created since then would have spiked the PPV model for WWE. So they took a declining business and turned it into a growth business. Only the IWC would think thats a bad move. When I say IWC I'm really talking to two people who clearly are still among the least informed people on here. And their hero journalists who feed them their talking points.

About the $5 price point. Its a smart move that will result in more revenues in the long run. You want people to test out the product at $5 for Mania time. Then you hope that the surrounding content is enough to keep the new people around either at $5, or possibly move up to the $10 price point. Maybe even $15 eventually. I dont think many people who pay $10 right now see the Network as a waste of money, in fact based on satisfaction ratings, the Network is seen as great value for their money. Would some really cheap people move from $10 to $5 for a period of time? Maybe, but I can pretty much guarantee they will net out ahead long term.

There's another aspect of this that not shockingly most of you guys missed. I wont get into it, but its there in black and white if you know what to look for. Its an element that will likely drive satisfied customers to the higher tier. And if it doesnt, it will introduce a new revenue stream that will be very profitable for the WWE.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote