View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:33 AM   #330
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I fucking loved this movie. It's the most 'X-Men' movie of the series.

Not dismissing issues with how hollow it is compared to the contemplative tone of the past films as per Singers pedigree, but fancy this:

A major theme of this film is letting loose/full potential. It's a theme shared between the heroes and villains. I believe it is the goal of this very movie.

For over 15yrs Singer and this series has told mostly quiet, introspective stories of mutants with your requisite action sequences. This is the first film, at least by Singer himself, to go balls out. This was celebration of the FoX-Men verse in a way that nods to literally all previous films while effortlessly apologizing for X3 and Origins Wolverine in two of the three standout sequences.

The third show stealer? Holy fuck, Quicksilver.

I'd like to highlight the new Storm especially. Halle Barry wasn't an 'RDJ/Stark' kinda match to begin with, but this girl with the little she got to do IS Storm. I want more of her.

Apocalypse was great. A living god who didn't get beaten by some lame ex machina; knowing who was involved the answer was clear. But hell if he wasn't just an epic presence. "Undefined powers" whatever: The fact that we don't know what he gathered over thousands of years is a part of the horror. What, he's supposed to list his abilities off?

I dunno, I'm not gonna say this was Civil War good and I probably still rate X2 and Days over this, but thus was a fun, epic, X-Men movie with both a sense of closure and a promising future.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote