View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 12:27 PM   #351
Mr. JL

Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)Mr. JL is good (20,000+)
I just re-watched this movie again the other day.

Initially after watching at the drive-in I was a bit let down. I still thought it was good but I felt that it was odd this is the movie they made to follow up on Days of Future's Past.

I think it may have been more benefitial to pickup where Days of Future Past left off with Wolverine snapping back to a new reality where the original cast of actors/characters (using the original Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine) are still alive and to then give them all a better send off than "The Last Stand". Even to put a final nail in that coffin and have Apocalypse defeat them and then set up another timeline shift that brings us back to the 80's with the new X-Men cast (McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Cyc, Jean Grey) to stop Apocalypse before he rises/has time to amass too much power.

Could even fix some timeline issues with bringing certain characters back to the past (Archangel), or sending IceMan to the past to correspond to the comics more and giving a couple more years for some of the new cast to age appropriately.

I just thought it was weird how at Days of Future's Past they teased a return of the old cast but then went in an entirely new direction for the sequel.

also Apocalypse should have had a better costume design and look.
Mr. JL is offline   Reply With Quote