Thread: Cole - Manager
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I like the idea of Michael Cole moving away from commentary. He's become a great character, but it really doesn't belong in the booth. Let Cole transfer his heat to guys who can wrestle (and Jack Swagger is a perfect candidate for this), and then let Josh Mathews work RAW permanently. I haven't heard too much of Mathews & King, but Mathews is a damn fine commentator who knows exactly what he needs to do and does it.

The idea of Todd Grisham, Booker T & Matt Striker on SmackDown! is also a great one. I feel The Grish is underrated as an announcer, and Booker T & Matt Striker have completely different approaches that could work nicely together.

I do enjoy Jim Ross, and I would not mind him working WrestleMania this year, with Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler being tied up, but as a full-time replacement for Cole, his health comes into question, and the WWE has to establish a new voice sometime. Now might as well be that time. JR can still come in for special occasions.

As for who Cole could manage -- I personally would like to see him become a widespread manager, who doesn't just handle one guy. Let him go between RAW and SmackDown!, and have a large number of clients. Jack Swagger has already been established as one nicely. But Curt Hawkins, as someone said, could really benefit, too. Zack Ryder can talk, but could use the heat and direction. For some reason, I see Chavo Guerrero and Michael Cole being a good pair, too. I'm not even talking a big push for Cole -- I just think he'd get more heat for Chavo and Cole's agency could use a lower-card heel to take the beatings for them.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote