Thread: Halo: Reach
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #442
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungie
Good evening,

We are in the process of applying credit resets to approximately 15,000 users who we have identified as the most egregious Challenge Reset abusers.

A one day credit earning ban has also been applied, mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken.

As with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives.

A more comprehensive pass will be occuring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof. If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider.

Thank you, and please direct any discussion of these resets to this thread.

Edit: a point of clarification. No bans were handed out tonight for

a) Playing too much Gruntpocalypse (no such thing!)
b) Using the target locator too much (no such thing!)

Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via itentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)

Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ
Bungie's punishing people who didn't do anything to anyone. Nothing screams butthurt and mad like this studio, stomping their feet and crying because people exploited their crappy challenge integration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude
pretty sure nobody at bungie is stomping their feet and crying. half of them are probably nodding sagely, thinking "serves them right", and the other half is probably laughing their heads off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repentant Farmer
I admit, I did intentionally use the exploitation of Challenge Resets. I didn't see the harm of it at the time, but now that I've seen the "error of my ways", after the temporary credit ban is lifted, I'll be playing the game legitimately from now on. So, I would just like to say that I'm sorry for using a wrongful method of gaining cR, which in turn gave me a higher rank than I deserve. I've been a loyal Halo fan from the beginning and I am ashamed in myself for getting carried away.
Get a press conference already... Seriously that was a cool gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ #2
I haven't been online in the past week... I was very excited that I was only 11,000 credits from lt colonel.... Just before this my friend over xbox told me about a glitch in campaign by reverting to last save. And getting credits and I got tons of credits this was the only time I did this I got off afterwards thinking I would get my rank the following weekend legit.. I just checked the update saying that people would get banned for this.. I thought nothing of it because I did it once.. Well I just checked my profile. I went from a major grade3 back to a recruit I worked very hard for my rank and I even saved for birthday party! Not to mention I purchased the legendary edition of reach. I have always been a devoted fan of halo. This makes me upset and I am definitley planning on selling the game and getting my money back.... I understand that bungie has always been strict, but in cod you wouldn't get banned for boosting or ranking up fast. This is what makes me scratch my head I would really like to talk to someone at bungie about this I really don't want to sell my favorite game but this makes me want to I don't even want to think about what happened.. If anyone at bungie reads this it would be really great if you contacted me I would really like to talk about this subject and why I don't think that some of this fair.... I really hope that I get the rank I worked so hard for back... If anyone would to cooment on what you think please I really LOVE reach thanks..
You love it so much you're "selling it and getting your money back".

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ #3
im with you on this as well buddy....i kinda just lost my love for halo now.... got reset and i was a LT. Colonel doing Score Attack and a little Campaign Target Locator glitching....now im just sad now.....
Oh yeah, you're sad alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ #4
im going back to the store and returning all my stuff, bungie if you read this, you guys are a**holes, learn the difference from bad and good, good game, bad move. i have loved all your games, but when you do this stuff it pisses me and the world off. your servers are -blam!- and can't make rational decisions like normal people. i honestly thought reach was going to be a success but i was sadly mistaken. so long bungie, goodluck ripping more people off and stealing their money.
This guy has 27,508 kills in campaign. You think people would be smarter in a game that literally records your every move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repentant Farmer #2
For all the people that are complaining about their ranks being reset you should have expected it, I [did].

Sorry to all the Halo: Reach players. I promise to never exploit, or farm credits again, except if you are going to go play CoD or Black ops, then i hate you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod
They are banning the correct people obviously...just look at the current state of the forums.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote