View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #1386
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, but look at the characters you play as. Hugo, Gief, and now Jack, only need a few hits per combo to do the same amount of damage as the 10 hit combos from other characters.

After a certain amount of damage has been done, you can't juggle any further. You pick the strongest characters, the less you will be able to keep your opponent in the air. I can pull off big combos with Chun-Li, but she hits like a wet noodle, so it balances out.

You're paying too much attention to the combo count, and not to the actual damage you are dealing.

Also, when not using your grapplers, you need to get a better handle on the juggle mechanics. Not one character in the game can juggle further, after two consecutive DP moves. Not Poison not Ryu, no one. DP moves are combo starters(ex and anti-air) and combo enders.

It all comes down to this. Characters who can't keep their opponents in the air that long typically hit a lot harder.

Try doing some trials as well. It can give you ideas, even if it's not the combo they want you to do. I spend a lot of time in training mode just messing around with different combos involving EX moves and Tag Cancels, both of which can extend combos that would end otherwise, and even go into a super. In fact at the end of our last match, I was about to demonstrate that very principale before you pandoraed out of it mid combo. How you did that I have no fucking idea.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote