View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #14
Franchise

Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz Dan View Post
I've been trying to read the thread, but I can't keep up with who is supporting who, and winks kinda supporting Punk on some things, but WEE on others. So please use this thread to fill me in by answering the following questions only, and without going out on a tangent with your own agenda. Keep that for the other thread. Also, while I am after personal opinions without the 'facts' trying to be twisted in your own way, this is A 'safe thread'. Anybody quoting somebody and attacking them for their point of view will have their post deleted. Again, please keep that for the other thread.

1. Are you supporting Punk?
2. Are you supporting WWE?
3. If supporting Punk, why do you believe WWE is in the wrong?
4. If supporting WWE, why do you think Punk is in the wrong?
5. Does Punk have a legitimate gripe against Ryback? If yes, why? If no, why?
6. Do you believe Punk will ever wrestle in a WWE ring again?
7. Do you believe Vince will talk about this on his podcast with Austin?
8. As WWE Champion for 4__ days, did Punk deserve his Wrestlemania headline match? As in, closing the show?
9. During Punk's historic run, do you believe he was shown the 100% respect somebody in that position deserved at all times?
10. Do you believe WWE doctors could have treated him better?
11. Do you believe CM Punk, and other WWE performers should be allowed proper time to heal before being pushed to return before time?
12. Do you believe that CM Punk and other WWE performers should just 'suck it up' as it's part of the industry, and they should be forced to return when they're requested to, whether they're ready or not?

Once I listen to the podcast myself, I may add more questions, so keep an eye out on this. And again, for the last time, please no arguments in this thread. It's a safe thread, and posts will be deleted. AND, if it escalates far enough and people continually pick on STD or whoever else flat out for their view on things, 3 day bans will be handed out. You've been warned. Also, I've stuck this thread, I'll unstick it when I see fit other mods. Cheers. Now play nice
No to 1)2)3)4) as there are always two sides to every story and if what he is saying is common practice in the WWE (I'm not saying it is or isn't) then more superstars, ex-superstars would come forward be it openly or anonmously.

5) Yes and No. Ryback claims Punk never confronted him about the issue and if he had Ryback may well have apologised. But this is pro wrestling not pillow fighting. Injuries are common place and accidents often unintentionally happen. If injuries bother him then why is he considering MMA.

6) Not any time soon. Look how long it took for WWE/McMahon to patch things up with Hogan, Warrior, Hart, Flair etc. This issue seems a lot more personal and deeper and unless one party or the other comes out with a grovelling apology, Punk won't be in WWE any time soon. Frankly if as he said that money is no issue, he should take a pay cut and maybe consider returning to ROH of TNA. The latter is in dire circumstances and needs a boost and Punk and the legions of fans he would bring with him would boost their revenue. I also believe NJPW has a new broadcasting deal in the US (and maybe worldwide to follow). There are other options in pro wrestling for Punk if pro wrestling is what he wants to carry on doing though not as big as WWE.

7) We shall wait and see. Given it's on the WWE Network I would think he would want all programming there to be kept "clean" as it were. But I would be surprised if him or anyone high up in WWE did not respond to the criticism in some capacity or another. They already have done with the statement about the doctors.

8) Yes I think he did but the problem was that Cena v Rock II was ALWAYS going to be on the cards given the somewhat pile of trash they coughed up at WM 28 (imo) and "big feuds" like that always have some kind of a re-match to end on. Furthermore the only it was going to create hype and be bigger than the previous match was to have the title at stake so Punk was in an unfortunate situation there. In the end Cena v Rock II was right to close out the show and was the best match on an otherwise terrible card again imo.

9) Yes, because he was the champ for that long. Certainly longer than anyone else in recent memory. He was regarded as a big star and pushed in that direction I feel.

10)11)12)

I am not certain of how exactly the process works in US Medicine but if Punk genuinely had concerns/issues about the advice he received then he should have sought a second opinion asap and then made a complaint against the clinicians through the proper channels because misdiagnosing something as serious as staph infection certainly is a major case of clinical incompetence. The same goes for if clinicians are putting undue pressure on performers (whether under the influence of McMahon etc). Whether or not Punk is exaggerating the details if I were on some malpractice board etc closely monitoring clinical staff working at WWE I would be gravely concerned and would even launch an investigation. But I also criticise Punk for not doing something about this earlier and waiting until now to raise the issue of medical malpractice.

'Suck it up' isn't the right expression but pro-wrestling as I said before isn't pillow fighting and comes with huge risks that we have seen all to often can cause serious injuries, end careers, even end lives (long-term health effects etc). The clinicians can only do so much. People think of pro-wrestling as "fake" (which it is) to the point that it isn't even a physical sport but the effect it has on health, the fitness levels required and the constant travelling for house shows and in comparison to their cousins in the NFL, NBA, Premier League etc....these "superstars" are paid nowhere near as much for the fact they are constantly putting their bodies on the line.

But that is part and parcel of the game and they go into it every day with the risk despite their training and experience there is always that small chance something can go wrong.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote