Thread: Double Turns
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #44
Zeeboe

Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Zeeboe puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)

Back in 1993, when Jerry Lawler from the USWA wrestling company in Memphis was playing a heel on WWF TV.....WWF babyfaces Bret Hart, Owen Hart, and Vince McMahon were playing heels on USWA TV, and Lawler was the babyface, and they were feuding with each other in both companies.

Anyhow, this thread reminded me of this clip. It takes place in Boston, and was only shown on Memphis TV. It was never seen on WWF TV. The clip starts off with Lawler doing his heel act, and Vince McMahon was playing the babyface announcer, but at 3:09, Lawler starts acting like his USWA babyface character, and Vince begans acting like his "Mr. McMahon" heel character at 3:50. This is also years before the "Mr. McMahon" character was born. Listen very carefully at the tones of their voices, and watch their body and facial movements, and you'll spot it.

.....And then things go back to normal at the end. At around 5:28 to be exact it turns back to Lawler being a heel again, and Vince being a babyface. I wonder what the Boston crowd made of this. I guess Vince and Lawler were not only trying to appeal to the Memphis crowd, but were also trying to entertain the live Boston crowd as well.
Zeeboe is offline   Reply With Quote