View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #307
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruien View Post
Owens should not retain. The best part of his reign has been Y2J. Owens is the third wheel in his feud with Rollins. You easily have the next 2 PPVs maim events with a triple threat (Rollins pins Y2J) and then Rollins vs Owens again with Y2J probably leaving again. Or have Owens go over Y2J and then challenge Rollins for the belt.
Owens jumped the shark with me at Brooklyn last year when his Ladder Match underwhelmed. Once you work out that Owens can be upstaged, the mystique of him is shattered and he's just a stunt man in street clothes that isn't as good as the hype lent to him. That's not to say that he isn't good in the ring or on the mic, but I don't think he's a main eventer just yet. Now he's had the belt thrust onto him and I wonder if it's going to do more long-term harm than good.

Rollins winning the belt from him due to some Jericho shenanigans and then the Triple Threat is fine with me. But I think they'll keep to Owens until WrestleMania where he defends against Rollins and Finn Balor in a Triple Threat. When Michael Cole dropped that line at Clash of Champions about their only being three men who have held the World Title and the NXT Title, I thought "Fuck, that's what they're doing at Mania, isn't it?"

It would be put together well in the ring, but it seems mid-card as fuck to me.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote