View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #71
Asmo

Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Saw the whole show. My 2 Paise:

- Stage Design: I miss the yellow ropes. But the venue & stage design is perfect. Intimate, house-show feel. I don't miss the jib / moving wide camera though. The ramp & the entrance-tron are great to have.

- The New Theme Song: Its by Coheed & Cambria, right? Gets irritating to listen to as the episode goes by.

- Promo 1 / Match 1: Bo Rotundo: The only thing i got out of the promo, the match and the post-match interview was that Bo's got a great Colgate smile. The spear came out of nowhere, and didn't look as if it had much impact. Weak finishing move.

- Promos: Seth Rollins: Good intensity, although Rollins doesn't exude charisma like the young Punk did. Am i excited to watch him judging by the promo? No. As Gertner would say, he came across as another 'vanilla midget', who 'will be the future'.

- Promos: Bray Wyatt: Excellent gimmick. He finally seems to be owning the gimmick, and the promo put him, the personality, and his ferocity over. Intrigued, to say the least.

- Promos & Match 2: The Ascension: Wow! Connor O Brien finally looks intimidating! The dark, ominous entrance, followed by their angry screaming, and the fact that CJ Parker didn't even get to tag in his partner were all neat touches. The team has piqued my interest.

- Promo & Match 3: Damien Sandow: Damien Sandow, thank you. His reply: "You're Welcome!"; Enjoyed this.

- Backstage Vignette: Bateman & Curtis have fabulous chemistry. And that showed. Its good that the WWE allowed them to talk, and didn't forget their feud / frenemy-state.

- Match 4: Tyson Kidd VS Micheal McGillicutty: I didn't think this was their best match to date, but it was a good clinic nonetheless. Kidd's reverse moonsault was the OMG! moment that now accompanies almost every Kidd match. The finish sequence was a little weak, though i loved Kidd kicking McGillicutty's face before snapping on the Dungeon lock .

Overall: Strong debut episode. Very interested in how they introduce all the wrestlers. I'd give it a 7/10
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote