Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #2105
The Show Off
Total Non-Stop Apologist

The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)The Show Off is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Show Off View Post
So what do you guys think of Hellboy winning the DREAM Lightweight GP as an alternate?
Well apprently no one cares about this subject but I know I think hit's a little tainted that he is the DREAM Lightweight Champion. Sure his win over Aoki was impressive, I've never seen someone fold like that from one shot of ground and pound. However, Hansen's victory over Gill (who isn't even a Top 20 Lightweight) and a win over Aoki doesn't seem like it should get him the GP title. However, he is so I think it only fair that they either give Aoki a re-match or what I suggest is that Eddie Alverez gets a shot at Hansen's title. Alverez already beat Hansen earlier on in the tournament and never was eliminated from it so I figure he should get the next shot.

I became an instant fan of Alvarez once he said "I could have fought with one eye against Aoki its not like I have to worry about him punching me or anything." I'm a fan of Aoki but that statement is so true Aoki seems deathly afarid of standing and I've never seen a guy pull guard as much as Aoki.