View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #153
Jon Kano

Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
That can easily be the end of the story. The Dark Knight was the fall. He's been blamed and being hunted for things he didn't do.
The rise implies him gaining vindication and rising to his mantle as the hero we know. That doesn't really mean a new beginning. In a way, yes. But a story can end there. Easily. In fact it makes the most sense that the story ends there, unless he retires or dies. Either way he can and will rise from where he was at the close of TDK.
I did say in the latter part of my last reply that the title does indeed work for that reason, but it can also suggest there is more to come in a way.

So yes, it works, it makes sense, but is it a good title? I still don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
How would Batman Rises be a good title, but The Dark Knight Rises isn't?
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Batman Rises

...It just looks and sounds more pleasing with the use of 'Batman' being in the first and final title of their respective films. That's my opinion.

Other quick title ideas:

Dark Nights End (play on words/meaning of Knight/Night to suggest 'the bad days' are coming to an end - the Knight's rise through the Night)

Dawn of The Dark/Dawn of The Dark Knight

The Caped Crusader is actually a good one also.
Jon Kano is offline   Reply With Quote