View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #157
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more I think about it, the more I'd be "at peace" with that card. Whilst I prefer the Rumble winner to headline, I can imagine the WWE counterbalancing the actual interest in Cena challenging Styles for #16 with Rollins winning the Rumble and challenging Owens, as I suggested earlier in the thread. It's not really a prediction so much as "compromised fantasy booking within a realistic scope." It's just annoying and 50/50 enough for the WWE to actually do it -- like putting the Women's Champions against each other or having Dolph challenge for the IC Title in another Ladder Match despite him previously being stated to be out of title opportunities).

* The Miz would probably retain the IC Title in order to drop it to Shinsuke Nakamura on the SmackDown After Mania, in a special title defense ordered by Daniel Bryan. Kalisto would do something spotty off the ladder and Heath Slater would probably be there to kill himself too, just to prove he is grateful for the spot. Kane's there to accumulate legacy points whilst Ziggler & Ambrose are thoroughly uninteresting but have to be part of the card somehow. They also "justify" the Ladder Match as being former World Champs.

* I'm not a big fan of Battle Royals, but at least the Andre Battle Royal provides the slot to kind of focus programs that aren't interesting enough for their own spots on the main card. Enzo & Cass can do some mic work on their way to ring, a few bigger guys can get shine, Kofi Kingston can do some funky avoiding elimination things, Sheamus & Cesaro can bicker as champs that sorta have each other's backs but can't both win, and Shaq can slam the now svelte Big Show. Braun can yell before a whole bunch of guys team to take him out as the predictable winner. It could be passable fun.

* Jericho has got a much better chance of making Roman Reigns look good than Braun Strowman does. I also think Jericho "deserves" a US Title run about as much as anybody. He can help generate interest in the belt and Roman would benefit from working with Jericho in an isolated little program. This would actually be a tremendous way to open the show.

* Alpha haven't really been working on the main stage, but I can't see the WWE giving up on them. They have an Olympian and a really good looking black guy with a motor. They're going to try and turn them into an act people can get behind. If The Undertaker works away from WrestleMania, I could see a six-man with him teaming up with Alpha to face The Wyatt Family. That could be the main event of the SmackDown After Mania or something. I could see them keeping the belts on The Family because I can see them wanting Orton to be in the match where they lose them and they'll probably realize that Bray hasn't won at a Mania, but it'd be a feel-good moment for Alpha if they did get the belts here. That being said, you're bound to get some wonky booking at Mania somewhere, and this can be where that happens. I can also see the rationale being that you need to have The Family strong in order to effectively back Orton later in the night against Taker.

* Charlotte will be at WrestleMania. Nikki Bella will be at WrestleMania. There might be more interesting/over acts in each division, but I can see Vince being somewhat "done" with Sasha Banks and cooled down on Bayley. Indeed, it seems Sasha has to be out of the title picture on RAW. Logistically, having two Women's Title matches could be "Um, WTF?" for a lot of people, and focusing them into this sort of situation kind of works in a streamlining sort of way. I imagine that you'll see other girls on the show somewhere -- whether it's Sasha in a segment with The Rock or Stephanie McMahon hogging the spotlight before someone comes out and starts something with her. Maybe there's a clusterfuck on the pre-show? They could all run out and get involved here in some sort face vs. heel stand-off where all their problems blow up in a physical altercation that Ronda has to break up. Whatever the case, I think having your top star heel go against your top star face is the best decision, and that just happens to be Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella -- at least in the company's eyes.

* Triple H vs. Shane McMahon would happen if they wanted to do it. For some reason, I can see their egos not wanting to get involved with each other, but Orlando is the place for Triple H to do it, because he's got a better chance of being "NXT God" Triple H there and out-popping Shane. I can imagine that their kids would love to see the match and Vince would love it too. It's that McMahon drama bullshit stuff that they think USA Network still likes. If it's contained to limited segments, it has a very WWE place. This is also a match that Triple H should win, which I can imagine him liking.

* Taker vs. Orton would be fine. It is what it is. At least if Orton wins he can pass some of that prestige onto The Wyatt Family.

* I'd like Owens vs. Rollins vs. Balor to be called by Tom Phillips and Corey Graves, on account that they are former NXT Champions fighting over a new belt. It can be used to segue onto the "New Voices of RAW" and Michael Cole can move into other roles and still do his interviews. Gallows & Anderson helping Finn Balor win the belt was my initial feeling, but I can see them wanting to try babyface Balor a bit longer and then go the The Balor Club if he starts to flop. I suppose they could always just put the belt on the face that is more over by this point. We've seen Seth Rollins choke enough just to get back up as it is. Once more surely won't convince the WWE to stop trying.

* Goldberg Spears and Jackhammers Lesnar even though Brock's had his Weet-Bix. Everyone would be expecting another Brock blow-out but Goldberg shocks the world again. Brock re-ups with the WWE for an even more reduced schedule and even more money.

* I'd like to see a double-turn in the main event with Cena turning heel when Gallows & Anderson help him win the belt to become the Cenation, but that isn't happening. I'd also like to see Styles force Cena to submit to prove that he is the new franchise player in WWE. I imagine we'll just get Cena winning #16 to close the show however. Maybe we get a Samoa Joe confrontation to end the show and get some buzz going? Just kidding.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote