View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Clicking CD-RW drive...

Yeah, I'm looking for the documentation in case I have to return it, I'm trying to look into shit.

My CD-RW drive has been failing a lot lately. Near the end of its burning cycle, it starts clicking. actual physical clicking sound, and the burning process slows down, sometimes failing entirely.

It only happens in the process of burning. I've had no problem reading/ripping.

i'm basically just looking for any possible solutions, because I can't find the documentation right now, and don't know if this is still "under warranty."

I'm also wondering if this is something cleaning might remedy.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”

--John Rogers