View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Edgar View Post
When I ask about favorite heel runs I don't particularly mean the popular or critically acclaimed variety (HHH 2000, HBK and Bret '97, Seth Rollins 2014, etc...), but rather which ones you enjoyed the most because the wrestler turned it up to an 11, and took it so over the top that you just look back and it makes you smile.

I was thinking of a ton of them, but 2 stand out in my mind: Bossman in late '99 (Big Show and Al Snow feuds) and the 2011 R-Truth run were almost magical in their camp and bizarreness, and I have a fonder memory of them than for the "serious" heel runs and turns of higher level guys for whatever reason.

Anybody else have any, and, if so, do you think that WWE could implement something like that today and have a modicum of success with it? At least create memories like runs of the past have?

'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan ftw.

IMO the only wrestler to have played the role of face and heel both perfectly. Even The Rock as a heel never convinced me and Austin as a heel was terrible.

Essentially, it was Hogan's heel turn combined with the NWO angle that really put WCW in the commanding position in the Monday Night Wars etc..

Can't have a discussion about the greatest heels of all time and not mention Hogan.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote