Thread: Path of Exile
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Exyle
Roll +Sharp

Exyle is a chill bro (7,500+)Exyle is a chill bro (7,500+)Exyle is a chill bro (7,500+)Exyle is a chill bro (7,500+)Exyle is a chill bro (7,500+)
It's good, but that's it. Is it better than Diablo 3? Meh... about even. Torchlight 2 is currently the best action rpg, in my opinion.

Some things you might want to know before trying PoE:
-Yes, the skill tree looks massive, but if you actually take some time to work through a build, you'll realize that there are only a few paths that will actually build a plausible character.
-The skill tree is all passive skills. All of your spells, abilities, etc. come from gems that are found in game. Want a fireball for your witch? Find the gem, socket it into your equipment, and you can use it.
-Speaking of ability gems, they're a little wonky. For example, let's say the aforementioned fireball is a blue gem (the types are red, blue, and green). If you don't have a piece of gear that has a blue slot, you can't socket the gem and hence can't use the ability.
-Ability gems level up, growing in power as long as you have them socketed in an item you're wearing.
-No gold. There is technically no currency in PoE, only trading that you do with the vendors. When you "sell" something like, say, a sword you don't want, he'll give you scraps of this or scraps of that, which you use to trade for the items you actually want from him.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps.
Exyle is offline   Reply With Quote