View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
Mogadishu

Mogadishu does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
This report actually makes sense, given how they've brought Batista over to SmackDown!. It's almost as if they do not trust The Undertaker to be healthy enough to carry the brand. And say what you want about Taker's match quality -- if you think the dude is not hurting, you are insane.

The WrestleMania streak should definitely be ended, because it can instantly make a major star for the promotion. Anyone who beats The Undertaker at WrestleMania is either going to be WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion by year's end, and will be considered one of the permanent top guys within the company.

My heart is still sort of siding with Jack Swagger to end the streak. He's a guy with all the tools -- size, skill, promo ability. He was also the quickest man to have won a "World Title" so soon into his WWE tenure, I believe (albeit it being the ECW Title). If Swagger ended Taker's streak, I think it'd make him an instant threat to the WWE Title, which is definitely good for that scene.
-I don't think Taker's streak will ever be ended at Mania...and I'm not sure if it should. It seems like one of those moves that the WWE will regret once they do it, and it might put *way* too much pressure on the guy that ultimately does end the streak. It would definitely be an awesome way to get a guy over, but I'm not sure if the WWE will have the balls to do it.

-Swagger will need to be built up big time if he has a chance of being the guy to end Taker's streak.....or retire Taker. Swagger will need some serious wins over some big named guys in order to establish the credibility needed to "believably" go over Taker.

I don't know how much Big Show has left in the tank, but I wouldn't mind seeing Big Show to be the guy that ends Taker or Batista. If Big Show went back to being booked the way he was when he debuted, I think it could definitely generate interest.
Mogadishu is offline   Reply With Quote