View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #66
Stickman
Stickman

Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
I'd agree completely with a lot of what you just said. However, it feels like you guys are putting more emphasis on the characters being the issue when in reality it's the storytelling and presentation that are the problem. Bayley's character could work just fine if she was booked right, put in compelling stories, and actually portrayed in the right manner. Hell, even someone like Roman Reigns could be good if you did that. A great example is Bray Wyatt who as a character and talent is great, but because of the way WWE uses him he's utter shit. It has nothing to do with his character but is all on WWE for not understanding or caring how he should be used. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again, I honestly believe you could build a star (in relative terms) out of anyone. Had Zack Ryder been handled right he would still be useful today. Not world champion material, but he could have easily been one of the top mid-card babyfaces in the company. My point is that the way you guys make it sound you're saying that characters like Bayley aren't worth keeping around or pushing, and that somehow by getting them out of the way you'd improve the product. But that's not the case. You could have nothing but characters that appealed to you on the roster and it'd still be shit if WWE didn't fix the issue with the writing and booking. That stuff is the key. I'd be willing to bet money that if they did it right even you'd be cheering on Bayley or even Roman Reigns.
I don't think anyone is saying she shouldn't be around and I don't think she needs to be "fixed.". Her presentation is actually good as she is being presented towards kids. I don't think she has been booked poorly at all as she appeals to a demographic. The problem is that gimmick doesn't come across as a credible threat to the championship, nor does her actual abilities. She just isn't very good in the ring or the mic at this point in time. Maybe she will get better in time but should be no where near the main event and championship.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote