View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've said this a few times over the past few months, but I'd be fine with Cesaro being dialed back on the main roster and used in NXT as the fantastic professional wrestler he is. After all, NXT is the professional wrestling brand and Cesaro struggles with the more sports entertainmenty stuff.

Roode vs. Cesaro for the NXT Title would be tremendous. Roode has got the glitz and glam and Cesaro is the wrestling journeyman. Have Nakamura vs. Kassius Ohno lower on the show and you've got a really great one-two punch featuring The Kings of Wrestling. Give Cesaro some new music and a slightly more serious presentation, and then when he is called up again, people can feel the "oomph" behind it, instead of thinking about the failures of how he has tried to get himself over.

Also on the fantasy side of things, given that I think they might be facing The Usos at WrestleMania and that it's not going to be that important, I wouldn't object to American Alpha being used to prop up the Takeover card with a SmackDown Tag Title defense against long-term rivals, The Revival. I think we're heading towards The Authors of Pain vs. Gargano & Ciampa in some sort of gimmick match (I can imagine a Steel Cage Match between the teams being quite dramatic), and that leaves The Revival without clear opponents. You could do Revival vs. Ibushi & Itami or The Revival putting over a new team they want to go after the AoP, but given the scope of this show, I think that giving the fans a Revival/Alpha match would feel "special" and give your SmackDown Tag Champs something big to do that weekend. Two title defenses makes them feel like fighting champions too, which is always great for your babyfaces.

More realistically, I don't think they are going to abandon the plans of having Ember Moon win the Women's Title. I can see Nikki Cross facing Peyton Royce & Billie Kay in either a Handicap Match or with a partner that she maybe doesn't completely get along with. My brain says Daria Berenato, but maybe they even call in a legend or have someone debut. Heidi Lovelace? Someone to pop the crowd and make it feel like they are a part of something. The babyfaces win and then regard each other knowing that they will one day fight over the title.

SAnitY in a six-man tag seems sane. No Way Jose, Roderick Strong & Tye Dillinger? They seem like a bunch of babyfaces. Maybe Elias Sampson doing his thing and getting beaten by Hideo Itami or a debuting Aleister Black?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote