View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #2560
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I love the Celtics, I generally get annoyed by our fans (lack of knowledge, extreme homerism, beligerant drunkenness), but last night was ridiculous - went to game 3 and saw 3 incidents that showed how classless our fans can actually be

let me preface by saying I have traveled to opposing cities to see the Celtics and Sox - cities have included Seattle, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, New Orleans, Orlando and have rocked Celtics/Sox gear and have cheered when we make a good play. No one has ever said anything beyond maybe gentle ribbing

At game 3 last night, in the restroom a guy was wearing a Lakers jersey, waiting in line - a mob of Celtics fans - presumably drunk were chanting Lakers suck and Kobe sucks, completely in his face, pointing, etc. Guy remained stoic - personally I would have left the lav... then someone threw a beer at him. I left before there was a fight, but given the lack of security, I assume one went down. classy Boston

second incident, a few sections over a Lakers fan pumped his fist when they scored and a Celtics fan punched him. Zero provocation. Super classy.

Last one, leaving the game, 2 guys with Lakers jerseys are trying to walk down the stairs and are assaulted by another mob of presumably drunken Boston fans - this is on the stairs, pretty dangerous place to get into it... stay classy Boston

when you buy a ticket to a game, you're paying to cheer your team and tolerate those around you. Of course no one likes an opposing fan cheering, but they have a right to. Just cheer louder. But fights in the stands are just stupid. I truly felt embarrased to be a Celtics fan last night, because of the treatment of others...

SOURCE: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=38611.0