View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #7
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
most of them don't. A lot of them lose money. Especially those run by "workers".

"I'm going to pay more than I'll make from the entire show alone just to fly in Davey Richards so I can tell people I've wrestled Davey Richards".
Minus the fly in part this is so true. Had a show bring in davey to work me...last year? Year before? It was right after that twat he runs with dipped out of a show with out working after being paid in advance...made the news...thebdetails elude me.

Thing was it wasnt a smart territory. Booking davey was like booking any other indy worker. The crowd was about 450 the month before him, the month after him and thebshow he was on as well. I had heard tell 10 people drove up from east Tennessee to see him. So her drew 10. LOL

But the "promoter" had a hard on to see that match so he paid to see it. I will say indid good on gimmicks that night. They had sold him as world traveled and yada yada so when they slid me over people where clearling out the gimmicks stand on thebway out the door, so it worked out for me better than it did the show itself. So there's that.

As far how can show generate revenue concessions can and should be the big profit. Lot of shows lose out here but done right that should be money, seen a lot of revenue made with boot legging fed dvds and selling them at the merch stands so theres gimmicks too. a cheap building is big. Find a community center that charges $40 a night and youve got it made,

As far pwg and such they made profit off dvds. The live shows are not profitable at all.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote