TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o t h e r > computer help forum

Old 01-14-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
road doggy dogg

Cool Edit Pro help

I don't know what the hell. I've been using CEP for a while now, and I've always had this problem... it's just been recently bugging me though because I figured out why.

Like for the longest time, a lot of the songs I made and stuff, they sounded really weird, and had like an underwater sound to them. Like they sounded sloppy and everything. I didn't know why, I figured I must've just changed some setting around or soemthing.

But while working on my latest piece, I noticed that every time I opened it the next day or whatever, it sounded more and more "watery". I did a bit of experimenting and found that the more I saved a file, the more distorted it became.

I have no idea why it does this. It's very obvious in some of the songs I've done (if anyone's heard the "Dingo Anthem" you should be able to notice it). It really is quite annoying because it makes the whole song sound really crappy.

So I think it has something to do with the save settings. Does anybody have any clue as to why it does this? Is there any way I can fix it? I'm not even going to bother working on my next song because it's just going to turn out all crappy sounding. Unless I can fix it or something, of course.

Old 01-14-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
sadio8

sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)
hhhhmm odd to say the least. I can only think of that happening if you have the demo version of the program( but i am under the assupmption here that you don't). You could just re-install the program though.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #3
road doggy dogg

Nah I don't have the demo, so that's not it.

I guess I could try re-installing it, but eh

ANYMORE HELP

CREDO, c'monnnnnnnnnnnnn you should know this

Old 01-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
sadio8

sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)sadio8 is pretty cool (5,000+)
When you save the file i am assuming that you save it as a .mp3 file? Well anyway what i am saying is that maybe the audio codec that you are using to save the file from cool edit pro( like if your saving it as a .mp3 file there maybe an mp3 codec that you are using to compress the file into mp3 format) could something wrong with that ( audio codec you are using to save/compress files made in cool edit pro). Other then that i really gots no clue as to what is wrong.

Sorry
Old 01-18-2004, 01:31 AM   #5
Y2Ant
Crows Before Hoes

Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Y2Ant puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Yeah, could be that mp3 plugin

Try saving as a .wav and using musicmatch to make it an .mp3
Old 01-18-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
road doggy dogg

Hmmmmm that's a good idea. Yeah I'll try saving it as a .wav (here we go 90mb filesize ), then just convert it after.

If this works I will hump your leg until it falls off

Old 02-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
The Mackem
VG + Q&A FORUM REPRESENT

The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I have a Cool Edit Pro query.

I often use the multi-track session to create mix CD's, my problem is I'm having problems getting the tracks to come up as independents when i play the CD on my CD player. It just comes up as one big track which is OK but I can't skip the tracks and sometimes that's annoying. I don't think I'm getting the track indexes to work properly they never seem to work after I save the session. Probably don't work properly when I'm actuallly in the session.

GAH
Old 02-23-2004, 06:03 PM   #8
samichna
TAKE IT EACE

samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Hey Tony, did you download it or buy it?