TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 05-18-2004, 08:35 PM   #41
VonErich Lives
WTF do you want?

VonErich Lives is an awful personVonErich Lives is an awful personVonErich Lives is an awful person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Well, I'd actually guess so. The guy did it for years before he really got serious recognition for it.

However COMMA, I don't know Mike personally.

Frankly, I'm not sure I would, either.
Do you think his motives have changed? I mean, even from (I forget the name) the movie about Flynt and the Auto Plant closings to Todays 9/11... seems like he's more looking to target then help, which leads to money...
VonErich Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #42
da_king

da_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchadal.
da_king - you said that "some people are so quick to bash moore and his style that they lose sight of the mesage which is a very valid one and worth listening to". What message and how is it valid? Anyone can lie and shape the truth to meet their agenda.

america's gun culture. it is a problem and it seems to me to be more prevelant in the states then elsewhere (or at least moreso then here in canada) this is something important enough to warrant investiagation imo. things like whether or not banks actually let you walk out with a gun the same day is irrevelant to me if they were still giving out guns later on after a background check or whatever, however long it takes. it's ludicrous to me that such a promotion would even take place and that people would actually feel compelled to sign up as a result of it but they do.

da_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:55 PM   #43
YOUR Hero

Violence. It's soaked into America's culture.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:09 PM   #44
samichna
TAKE IT EACE

samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)samichna has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonErich Lives
Do you think his motives have changed? I mean, even from (I forget the name) the movie about Flynt and the Auto Plant closings to Todays 9/11... seems like he's more looking to target then help, which leads to money...
It's called Roger & Me. AKA Roger B. Smith, Chairman of the board at General Motors. Just watched that flick today actually.
samichna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #45
Triple A

Quote:
If there was no money to be made, you still think he'd be doing these?
Yes, obviously.

If he was just interested in making money, he'd be doing other types of films.

Documentaries aren't exactly the biggest money makers.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #46
Triple A

Quote:
I dunno, a report I read is it was a largely french crowd that was also anti-us, although I'm not sure how the festivle works, I would have thought the crowd would have been a lot of non-french or invites.
The crowd is made up of mostly a French audience, I'd assume, but maybe not. Apparently the screening had hundreds of American journalists and other American invites.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:34 PM   #47
YOUR Hero

Cannes is a high profile place around the film festival time. Just because it's in France has nothing do do with it's audience being French.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #48
Buzzkill
Jamiroquai Bodega

Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Buzzkill got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Ovation, OK - Where is the Cannes Festival - France?? Uh, OK
You guys, just cause he's new here doesnt mean he's a complete fucking moron.
Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 PM   #49
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
I don't know.

In "Dude, where's my country?" He gave multiple routes for people to take action. I don't think Moore's actually affect change by protesting with a bullhorn, but he brings attention to many issues, and offers people ways to solves the problems.

Other people have gotten flak for the same thing. After all, Boston asks who will save us from the Corporations, but you can buy them in chain record shops and websites like Amazon. Are they A) Selling out and making themselves hypocrites or B) Trying to reach a larger audience?

The problem is, people need to see a problem before they can act on it. Moore's often farcial look on things has served as a wakeup call for many a person. Is this the desired intent, or just a lucky side effect? I don't really know. BFC didn't exactly make it as a huge summer blockbuster. Still, I severely doubt Moore's starving (I mean, LOOK at him. ).

He took action even in the case of BFC. The question is, what was his underlying motive there? He did make a shock "journalism" run at K-Mart, and they folded. He tried to drive a point home with Heston, whether or not you agree with how he did it.

Thing is, Moore isn't just inciting people. He's trying to incite them to action. Is he doing this for money, or because he's trying to do good? I don't really know. If all he wanted to do was incite people and make money, he could do it. The Bush administration has even created a niche market for books that do nothing but complain (Ironically, most of the authors are in ivory towers). While I don't know his motivations, and I don't totally like the guy, he's doing more tan most of these fuckers are.

'But just to drive home, he's not doing nothing. I don't know his motives (Though I'm someone skeptical), but I know he does more than most of the people I know (Which pisses me off, because the complain, and I'm the only one who ever tries to DO anything....).
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #50
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
I dunno, a report I read is it was a largely french crowd that was also anti-us, although I'm not sure how the festivle works, I would have thought the crowd would have been a lot of non-french or invites.
Report from where?

There are a large number of non french people, and France is not very largely Anti-US, and I doubt the film festival is either.

Unlike America, they're not renaming all their food because they disagree with our foreign policy. From my experience, the french are a little less childish and a little more careful-tongued than America tends to be.

Except on the simpsons.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #51
Blue Demon
WOOOOOOOOO!

Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I like Michael Moore. He's an excellent Film maker
Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:01 AM   #52
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill
You guys, just cause he's new here doesnt mean he's a complete ****ing moron.
No, but that post you quoted gives a pretty good indication.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:07 AM   #53
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
I remember a time when the United States of America had FREEDOM OF SPEECH...those were good times.

The link between the Bush family and the bin Laden's is very valid. Bush even made sure that members of the bin Laden family were flown out of the US right after 9/11. I guess that was more important than oh I dont know, trying to get information from them about UBL.

I like the fact that Moore goes out of his way to take a different slant on the BS that the State controlled media spits at Americans everyday. The very fact that people are checking out facts and doing research is a good sign, because if you did that for CNN, FOX and the rest of the puppets you'd learn a lot about the good ol' USA.

But do I believe everything he says? No, no more than I believe everything that George Bush says. I mean Moore did a piece in Bowling For Columbine where he asked people in Toronto (in Canada) if they lock their doors. I live in a nice neighbourhood, but I would never leave my door unlocked, because there are enough crazy people in this city and I dont need any of them in my house. But if you watch his movie it seems like people in Toronto leave their doors open and there's hardly any crime. Granted, Toronto isn't as bad a city like Chicago (similar size) but like I said I wouldn't tempt anything by leaving my door open.

However, for the most part, I found the film to be fair, and he presented some interesting points. I'm looking forward to the piece on the Bush family, but at the same time I dont think it will make much of a difference. To be frank, I think even if the US public were to see Bush at UBL's Birthday Party playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey a certain percentage of the US population would stick their head in the sand and say thats the Liberal media playing games.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:44 AM   #54
El Santo
One Man Horror Show

El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)El Santo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Report from where?

There are a large number of non french people, and France is not very largely Anti-US, and I doubt the film festival is either.

Unlike America, they're not renaming all their food because they disagree with our foreign policy. From my experience, the french are a little less childish and a little more careful-tongued than America tends to be.

Except on the simpsons.
You have to admit, though, that the audience for a highly controversial film like "Farenheit 9/11" would be strongly slanted towards people who tend to agree with Moore's views. Conservative types would likely pass it over. Sorta like how your typical audience for "Passion of Christ" would be mostly Christians.

Hence, the applause would come from people who felt that their views were reinforced and validated.
El Santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:07 AM   #55
Triple A

The movie won the Palm D'Or at Cannes, by the way.

That is the equivalent to "Best Picture."

The jury, which was head by Quentin Tarantino, said the award was not given because of its political stance, but because it was simply a great film.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:29 AM   #56
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
You have to admit, though, that the audience for a highly controversial film like "Farenheit 9/11" would be strongly slanted towards people who tend to agree with Moore's views. Conservative types would likely pass it over. Sorta like how your typical audience for "Passion of Christ" would be mostly Christians.

Hence, the applause would come from people who felt that their views were reinforced and validated.
If it was in movie theaters, and not at Cannes, I'd have to agree.

The average moviegoing audience for Farenheit 911 will most definitely be liberally slanted.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:40 AM   #57
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick
I remember a time when the United States of America had FREEDOM OF SPEECH...those were good times.

The link between the Bush family and the bin Laden's is very valid. Bush even made sure that members of the bin Laden family were flown out of the US right after 9/11. I guess that was more important than oh I dont know, trying to get information from them about UBL.

I like the fact that Moore goes out of his way to take a different slant on the BS that the State controlled media spits at Americans everyday. The very fact that people are checking out facts and doing research is a good sign, because if you did that for CNN, FOX and the rest of the puppets you'd learn a lot about the good ol' USA.

But do I believe everything he says? No, no more than I believe everything that George Bush says. I mean Moore did a piece in Bowling For Columbine where he asked people in Toronto (in Canada) if they lock their doors. I live in a nice neighbourhood, but I would never leave my door unlocked, because there are enough crazy people in this city and I dont need any of them in my house. But if you watch his movie it seems like people in Toronto leave their doors open and there's hardly any crime. Granted, Toronto isn't as bad a city like Chicago (similar size) but like I said I wouldn't tempt anything by leaving my door open.

However, for the most part, I found the film to be fair, and he presented some interesting points. I'm looking forward to the piece on the Bush family, but at the same time I dont think it will make much of a difference. To be frank, I think even if the US public were to see Bush at UBL's Birthday Party playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey a certain percentage of the US population would stick their head in the sand and say thats the Liberal media playing games.
Question, Nick.

Do you lock your doors when you're at home?

I notice he chose a time of day when people seemed to be home a lot, and the people were all immediately nearby pretty much.

Lots of people feel they have to fortify their homes, even when they're there.

You're right about the whole "liberal media" deal. It's this perfect boogeyman.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:47 PM   #58
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Question, Nick.

Do you lock your doors when you're at home?

I notice he chose a time of day when people seemed to be home a lot, and the people were all immediately nearby pretty much.

Lots of people feel they have to fortify their homes, even when they're there.

You're right about the whole "liberal media" deal. It's this perfect boogeyman.
I'm not going to say that my door is locked at all times, because you can always forget. But as long as I notice, and 99% of the time, the door is locked. Toronto isn't what I would call the safest place in the world (its not NYC mind you but still), so I always try to make sure my door is locked.

I dont know where Moore was, but most people I know wouldn't leave the doors unlocked. He might have went to the burbs and claimed it was Toronto, or maybe he tried 1,000 doors, and 5 or 6 were unlocked.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:21 PM   #59
Boondock Saint

Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)
Here's some news. I'm pretty surprised it's getting released this early. Figured Fall at the latest.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html
Boondock Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #60
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SEXY. Gonna go see that ishhhhh.
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #61
da_king

da_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be bannedda_king should probably be banned

also read a write-up in today's paper about bush sr. condeming micheal moore for attacking his son. yeah nice to see it comming out soon.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:23 PM   #62
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
I wish everyone would chill out about Moore. My TOK (philosophy) class at school saw BFC and instantly we had people trying to nitpick at the fact that Heston's tie changes colors and Moore doesn't say where his facts come from. WHO CARES. IMO, it's art. Sure he is trying to force his opinion, but its ART. And if he has to make a couple blunders for it to be valid argument, then he is entitled to do so. It's his artistic expression. And you don't have to like it. But as a FILM, as ART, I think anyone can appreciate it.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:30 AM   #63
Triple A

http://www.fahrenheit911.com/trailer/

LOL check it out. Looks great.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:30 AM   #64
Triple A

The end of the trailer is classic.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:44 AM   #65
el fregadero
Tap-In

el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)el fregadero puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you, now watch this drive.
el fregadero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:20 PM   #66
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
LOL apparently another filmmakerwill be making a movie about Michael Moore cleverly titled MICHAEL MOORE HATES AMERICA. He wants it to be distributed around the same time Farenheit 9/11 comes out.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4473
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #67
Vega
Only Sane Person Here

Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
God damn it, I can't get the trailer to load. Fucking god damn college connection.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #68
da_king

i heard about that movie about micheal moore. seems like that guy's trying to employ some of moores tactics and using it on him.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:30 PM   #69
Vega
Only Sane Person Here

Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Got it to work, looks pretty damn good. Going to have to see that.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:24 PM   #70
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

haha

Michael Moore hates Armerica because he's not a Republican
Old 06-09-2004, 02:24 AM   #71
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by el fregadero
I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you, now watch this drive.
LOL Classic line.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:32 AM   #72
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick
haha

Michael Moore hates Armerica because he's not a Republican
Well, duh.

His lies aren't our lies! UNAMERICAN!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #73
JiM PolPot v.W.o.
v.W.o. for LIFE

JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Ovation, OK - Where is the Cannes Festival - France?? Uh, OK
The board of judges the gave the film the palm d'or only had one french fry on it. The rest were all foreign, including two Americans.

The crowd at that event is also largely foreign. It was the whole world cheering for that film.
JiM PolPot v.W.o. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #74
JiM PolPot v.W.o.
v.W.o. for LIFE

JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR Hero
Violence. It's soaked into America's culture.
And fear. Fear spread our media. CNN. NBC. FNC. CBS. ABC. They are all guilty. But it is not their fault. Fear sells.
JiM PolPot v.W.o. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:07 PM   #75
YOUR Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiM v.W.o.
And fear. Fear spread our media. CNN. NBC. FNC. CBS. ABC. They are all guilty. But it is not their fault. Fear sells.
Indeed. ever hear of 'The Detroit Project?'

I'll go see if it's still around, some people may like the read.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #76
Blue Demon
WOOOOOOOOO!

Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blue Demon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ok...he's trying to make an "essay" of sorts...aren't you gonna provide evidence that supports your thesis? Michael Moore of course is gonna be slanted because he is trying to prove his points and I found that whenever he tried top get another perspective...IT DROVE AWAY. I mean you can poke holes through a lot of things...he's just showing one point of view...aren't we all entitled to do that>
Blue Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:51 AM   #77
The Outlaw
Unofficial Legend

The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Outlaw has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
"Congressman, Im trying to get members of the Congress to get their kids to enlist in the Army and go over to Iraq."
The Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #78
Jon Kano

Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I saw Bowling For Columbine and thought what a lot of what people also thought; great film, effective etc and that Moore should be credited etc, but then I saw things in the film that didnt make sense or that just doubted what I thought of Moore.

I cant remember all of these instances but there is ONE I remember:

- if you have the film or a good memory, cast yourselves back to when Moore was askin Charlton Heston for an interview. - He said a certain time, but then when Moore is interviewing him, a clock is clearly visable, but not at the agreed time mentioned previously.

I know this could mean shit, but there was other stuff.
Jon Kano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #79
sucafrutpi
applewhore

sucafrutpi has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)sucafrutpi has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
i think this film has a lot of potential to at least get people thinking about bush and his [lack of] credibility. the vast majority of americans are just working everyday, living their lives, not really watching the news or following politics. hopefully this film will get the same kind of insane media attention that Passion did, and controversy always draws crowds. no matter how the movie is received, it will at least bring politics to the box office and change some minds. i hope to go see it.
sucafrutpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:33 AM   #80
YOUR Hero

Just saw a commercial on the TV about it opening June 25th.

Better get it here