TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 06-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #1201
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Exactly. The only thing I can say about Benoit is that if I was religious, he would be in my prayers. I'd pray for his soul because he needs it.

Other than that, I can't have anything for him but disgust and anger.

"I don't understand things like this, and I probably never will." - Edge
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #1202
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
So what if we only knew him in the ring? Its tough when you hear of someone you grew up watching on TV and looked upto becoming a murderer.
Londoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #1203
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Nobody said it wasn't tough. Only you can decide what you think. I'm just saying, think about it and don't lie to yourself because you liked his matches.

If it wasn't Benoit, but another less popular and less successful wrestler, what would you say?

Old 06-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #1204
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I haven't lied to myself at all really, but yeah i get your point.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #1205
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can't look at Benoit the same, but the fact is I still enjoyed his work and nothing can change that. I don't wish any man to hell, and I hope God has mercy on his soul. His family has been in my thoughts ever since this unfolded.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #1206
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Yeah. It's just plain tough.

Hell, I'm pretty sure you'll hear non-wrestling fans just tear him a new one. Call him a monster, a sicko, a fucked up piece of shit and all that.

You'll hear that, because to most people (who don't follow wrestling), he's just a freak who killed his family for no apparent reason, AND was apparently shooting his son up with HGH (that's just fucking creepy; I don't care of Daniel had dwarfism or fragile X syndrome... unless it was under doctor's orders). To people who don't know him, he's just another sick murderer. To us, he's a guy we loved and respected... who turned out to be a sick murderer. And THAT'S why it's disgusting to accept. For us. Who "knew" him.
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #1207
SammyG
LAKE SHOW HOES

SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)SammyG got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
You said it best Corkscrewed.
SammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #1208
darkpower
Why So Curious?

darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Posted By Comment
Chris Benoit found dead... 06-27-2007 11:55 AM Paranoid Rattlesnake

I guess this means I'm not allowed to have a different opinion than you or actually have morals.

Last edited by darkpower; 06-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.
darkpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #1209
Splaya
1-0 TPWW Chess Master

Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
AccessNorthGa.com has posted the following Associated Press story on their site:

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit met with his personal physician hours before he allegedly killed his wife and son and then hanged himself in his basement, the doctor said Wednesday.

"He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," said Dr. Phil Astin of metro Atlanta. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

Authorities say Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son Daniel and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley over the weekend. No motive was offered for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday.

Astin, who said he was Benoit's longtime friend and physician, said he had prescribed testosterone to Benoit because he suffered from low amounts of the hormone. He said the condition likely originated from previous steroid use. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of the meeting.

"I'm still very surprised and shocked, especially with his child Daniel involved," said Benoit. "He worshipped his child."

Investigators said Benoit's 43-year-old wife was strangled Friday with what appeared to be a cable in an upstairs family room, and her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, and his body was found in his bed, the district attorney said.

Before the killings, the family was struggling with how to care for the child, who suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment.

"Him and Nancy were clearly struggling about this whole issue, about how to take care of Daniel," said McDevitt.

"I don't know what he confronted when he went back into the house," he said. "No one really knows that. We'll have to see. Clearly this issue of the son was a stressor on both of their relationships for some time."

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on his neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs may have caused the muscle man nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler" to kill his wife and child and then himself.

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release Tuesday evening saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." It also added that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.

"The drugs they had found in there, including the steroids, were all pursuant to legitimate prescription. We know they know which doctor prescribed it," McDevitt said. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies."

While steroids can cause the paranoia and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage," the drug is also associated with deep and lengthy bouts of depression.

"Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

That is from Wrestlezone.com. The more info we get, the more confused I get.
Splaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #1210
VonErichLives
DU's illegitimate brother

VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron
Usually when you hear about a filthy murderer, you hear about them because of what they did. Normally you don't know of them before it.
tell that to fans of OJ or people who wacthed Rober Blake.

I'm sure we can come up with more...

it's really nothing new in the sense of "someone we watched" I think where it's new is the generation it hits... typically these are older stars and hit an older group a group of who was already been exposed to murder in the news for decades.. in this case you have pimple faced kids with voices changing and trying to figure out puberty who remember Benoit in the first wrestling show they ever watched and have no clue how to feel or react.
VonErichLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #1211
VonErichLives
DU's illegitimate brother

VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)VonErichLives has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
on a side note... has any thought/consideration been given about post concussion symdrome? it's also known to cause major mood swings and depression...
VonErichLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #1212
Gray

Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)Gray is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Looks like the News about Autism being reversed never got to Chris in time.

Not really said much on this issue though. On Sunday, there was only one match that i was looking forward to on the Vengeance card, and that was the Chris Benoit vs CM Punk match. A few days prior i told my friend of the really good match which Elijah Burke and Benoit had, so i had hopes of the match being top notch on Sunday.

A general feeling of disapointment swept through me when they announced that Benoit was having some personal issues and had to fly home, i didnt feel it was serious so i was going to decide to watch the following ECW and see what developed of the storyline that was bound to happen.

Late on Monday i had the intention of going to bed fairly early [Since i did afterall stay up to watch the PPV, but also because ive had a fair few problems of my own recently so i wanted the kip to refresh myself]. Just before going i checked the TPWW website. My heart sank when i seen what the main story was. [This one]. I tried to get onto the WWE website but it seems like it had been overloaded.

At the time, i only seen the title of the thread [Since TPWW was also dying] so i had this really sad feeling that my favorite wrestler had passed. When WWE did finally start working i then found out about other members of the family dying, i didnt know what to think. Was it a burgulary gone wrong? Was there some type of environmental issue which caused this. At no point did the thought of Chris actually killing anyone and himself come into my mind.

There was only about 15-20 minutes til Raw aired, so i decided that i would watch that, the look on Vince McMahon was real sad, but also on the looks of Taz and JBL as well, the comment about JBL having a child-like face was all too true, i only remembered seeing it once before - When Eddie died.

After every break [Jesus, people wasnt joking about all these commercial breaks Raw has been getting] i would rush on upstairs and get some more information - Which wasnt happening because TPWW was still running extremely slow.

When each of the "remeberence" video's where shown i didnt get sad, or upset.Something seemed different. I remember when Eddie died [Also stayed up for that tribute] i was crying for days, but that feeling wasnt there for Chris, and this was before i found out about what had happened. It was all too strange to me. The only time i was close to making any tears was when i was watching the Edge Remeberence, that really was a sad moment.

After it all, i went to bed, woke up and checked it all, this is when the news started coming out that foul play may have been involved. I didnt really WANT to believe it, so i was trying to find some other logical explanations and for most of the day i was getting the information as it happened - albeit some where rumours, but the denial for it all started to waiver.

I was shocked to hear about the tying up of his wife, im not a person who respects a man who hits a woman or child... So when you find out that one of the greatest wrestlers you knew and respected did this, you have to take a step back and go "woah... what the fuck?" The bible by the bodies i felt would signify something like opening the gateway to heaven for the deceased, but me personally, im not a religious person so who knows - I just feel he wasnt in his right mind when it all transpired, or was he? I just dont know.

What i do know is, that some of my favorite wrestlers have died over the past 10 years or so, Owen Hart, whom i was a huge fan of back when i was a kid, the British Bulldog because i met him in the town i live at during a local promotion and Eddie Guerrero for simply touching my heart, i never felt the same after the Eddie death, and with what Lawler said at the very end of Raw about loving family, that is one thing i have always had a problem with, and i hope that somehow i can take that message in that he gave over this whole situation...

Hm.. too much.
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #1213
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonErichLives
on a side note... has any thought/consideration been given about post concussion symdrome? it's also known to cause major mood swings and depression...
Why do that, when you can just call him sick?
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #1214
addy2hotty
yes. yes. yes.

addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Beat me to it KK.

One poster in particular seems to have to say it a couple of times each page. We get the the fucking point already.
addy2hotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #1215
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Frankly, this whole thing is fucked up.

But I'm really starting to think that the issue might very well have been the domestic dispute about Daniel, something that dragged him down over the past few months or years. Something he didn't share with anyone else outside of the family. Something that pushed him over the edge on Friday/Saturday night.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #1216
Corkscrewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Sick can also mean messed up in the head, consistent with an effect of PCS...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #1217
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
While Edge and Batista had their "Do or Die" match Sunday at the PPV, Benoit and his family were having their own "Do or Die" match.

SPOILER: It ended in a draw

Yeah yeah I'm an asshole, I'm gonna rot in hell, etc.

Last edited by KingofOldSchool; 06-27-2007 at 07:37 PM.
KingofOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #1218
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy2hotty
Beat me to it KK.

One poster in particular seems to have to say it a couple of times each page. We get the the fucking point already.
Do you though?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #1219
Skippord
I'm Mr. White Christmas

Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol KoOs
Skippord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #1220
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Im thinking the stress of coping with his child/wwe got too much.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #1221
addy2hotty
yes. yes. yes.

addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)addy2hotty has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
O'Reilly is all about wrestling deaths right now btw.

Interesting comment about Superfly causing the death of someone on the road and beating up women regularly.

He a sick fuck too?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #1222
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Fuck O'reilly.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:05 PM   #1223
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Yeah cause wrestlers are the lowest form of human beings around.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #1224
addy2hotty
yes. yes. yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL
Fuck O'reilly.
Indeed, but it wasn't him that said it. It was some wrestling historian.

O'Reilly was shouting about Benoit 'injecting his son with something'....that been confirmed, I may have missed it?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #1225
addy2hotty
yes. yes. yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool
Yeah cause wrestlers are the lowest form of human beings around.
Big bad Bill said 'you have to be twisted to be a wrestler' or something very similar.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #1226
IC Champion
They/Them

IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bill O'Reilly is a piece of conservative shit.
IC Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #1227
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It seems now that the major area of contention has changed from "Do you really think he did it?/Let's hope he didn't do it/Here's hoping there's more to this than meets the eye" to "Do you still respect his legacy/career?"

The way I see it is like this...

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of the belief that Harold Shipman was a damn fine doctor before he killed those 215 people.

Or that Fred West was a great labourer/father before he killed those 12 girls/raped his own daughter.

My point kinda follows on from where Corky left off. Shipman and West were not known to the world until these heinous crimes were revealed where as Benoit was. I guess that's their great difference. I guess their similarity comes in the fact that all 3 men commited suicide before justice was served (Shipman commited suicide in prison)

What Benoit did over the weekend has eclipsed his career. As a bare minimum it has greatly tainted it.

As much as I could still watch a Benoit match and see the briliance of the guy, I'd always be thinking about what he did. Quite simply I don't wanna be thinking about it, so I'll be finding it difficult to watch anything with Benoit in it. Ever.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #1228
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

ROFL I'm watching Headline News right now with this Nacy Grace talking to Bret Hart and asked him if "being demoted from the 4 Horsemen group to Raw had anything to do with the murder."

Last edited by KingofOldSchool; 06-27-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #1229
JTB31

JTB31 does not have that much rep yet (10+)
If you read Jillian Hall's blog she has become the 1st WWE superstar to speak out against Benoit.She said she is 100% behind Vince erasing all of Benoit's tributes and said that what he did is completely disgusting and unforgiveable.Though she did mention that Benoit was always nice to her.
JTB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 PM   #1230
IC Champion
They/Them

IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)IC Champion makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This wasn't Roid Rage, people who do something in an act of rage do somethin in a quick timely fashion.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #1231
McLegend
Temporary

McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
ROFL I'm watching Headline News right now with this Nacy Grace talking to Bret Hart and ask her if "being demoted from the 4 Horsemen group to Raw had anything to do with the murder."

lol yeah I watched that to.
McLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #1232
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant Classic
This wasn't Roid Rage, people who do something in an act of rage do somethin in a quick timely fashion.
B..b..b..but he's a wrestler and wrestlers use steroids and steroids causes roid rage. And since a wrestler commited murder and then killed himself, it must've been because of steroids!

Cause you know a wrestler who commits an act like this can't just be fucked in the head and had to be caused by drugs.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #1233
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Quote:
ROFL I'm watching Headline News right now with this Nacy Grace talking to Bret Hart and asked him if "being demoted from the 4 Horsemen group to Raw had anything to do with the murder."

Lmao, what was Brets reaction to that??
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #1234
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL
Lmao, what was Brets reaction to that??
Just basically how Benoit loved and had a very strong passion for the business.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #1235
IC Champion
They/Them

Even Bret has been defending Vince and the WWE, as far as the steriods and it contributing to the deaths.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 PM   #1236
RGWhat316
YesYesYes!

RGWhat316 is a chill bro (7,500+)RGWhat316 is a chill bro (7,500+)RGWhat316 is a chill bro (7,500+)RGWhat316 is a chill bro (7,500+)RGWhat316 is a chill bro (7,500+)
Wow O'Reilly was blaming Nancy for even being with Chris, basically blaming her for her own death.
RGWhat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #1237
IC Champion
They/Them

It's Bill O'Reilly, what can you expect, nobody listens to him.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #1238
Five-Oh-Seven

311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
It's Bill O'Reilly, what can you expect, nobody listens to him.
311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #1239
Corkscrewed

Quote:
Maybe he was one of those procrastinating roid ragers.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #1240
hb2k
Do Unto Others...

hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)hb2k has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Neither jusitfying nor condoning what happened, I have to question whether the first death was intentional. The timeline of events almost indicate like this was malicious and planned out, but if he went to the doctors the same day for a prescription, logic would say that he didn't have any intention of dying.

Also, Nancy's arms and legs being bound is bizarre as well - if it was a murder done with the knowledge of murder, or even in the heat of the murder, the priority wouldn't be to restrain, it would be to go straight to choke her. And if it was done afterwards, then it makes no sense and serves no purpose.

Then again, none of this makes any sense. I guess part of me just wants this not to be as ugly as it appears. Ultimately, it doesn't matter.
hb2k is offline   Reply With Quote