TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
(Warning: Rant) Comedy on TV/in movies today...

This was originally going to be a reply in the wrestling forum but it's better to post it here I'd say. It's a rant and it's late so I've probably fucked something up. I haven't edited it so there are a few things that still reference what was in the previous thread, the fact that I hate Conan O'Brien and most of the forum seems to love him.

-

Excuse me for not conforming to the forums' general consensus of what they consider "funny".

I'm not afraid to say it. Conan sucks, American Pie is one of the trashiest, worst franchises of all time and Will Ferrel is an overrated douchebag who, like many SNL alumni of the past 10 years, thinks he's the funniest thing ever and has to make shitty movie after shitty movie with the same fucking underlying story and the "kids" eat it up.

I'm a 90's/00's kid and the good shit stopped flowing around 97. It seems to me that the 80's and even 70's were the eras of awesome as far as comedy goes.

Now, if you like any of the things mentioned here, that's fine, "whatever floats your boat" as they say.

I've been watching the comedy scene in TV and movies over my lifetime, and once the 2000's hit every fucking comedy movie is cheap sex joke after cheap booze run after cheap laugh.

I understand that I have an odd taste in comedy and I accept it. I even admit that some of the things I watch are similar to some things listed here. I'd much rather watch a rerun of Three's Company, watch Leno or watch a classic like Ghostbusters than watch the trash that gets thrown in the movie theaters or on the "hip" talk shows like Conan.

I know I don't have to watch it, but the mainstream is so swamped with this shit that it's hard to avoid at least getting the jist of what this-or-that movie's comedy is based on.

Yeah, so this was just a rant and I know a lot of people won't agree (at least that's what I assume) but I'm just tired of hearing "Will Ferrel is the best shit evarz" and "LOLOLZ CONAN PRETENDED TO BE A PUPPET AGAIN! XD AND OMFG HE HAD THA MASTURBATING BEAR! OMFG HOW FUNNYZ"...

And before anyone even asks, a sampling of what I consider to be "funny"...

Ghostbusters
Three's Company
Drew Carey Show
Wayne's World
Ace Ventura
King of Queens
Jim Carey
South Park
SNL before 96 or so (It's okay right now for the most part)

So yeah, bash, talk, agree, disagree, I don't care I'm fucking tired.

Xero is offline   Reply With Quote