TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
thedarkness214

thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
CHARGE: COMPLACENCY VERDICT: GUILTY

I talk about KISS on here often. But, not the KISS of today–the cover band that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley have conned those not knowing any better into buying–-I’m talking about the ALIVE KISS, the DESTROYER KISS. The band that pulled out all the stops in the world in order to live up to the moniker of being, “THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD”! In their glory days whatever it took–-they did it–-pyro, bombs, explosions, blood spitting, fire-breathing, tongue wagging, flying, hydraulic drums, guitars that shot fireballs, mammoth screens, breath-taking sets, whatever it took to separate them from the rest–-they did it. Money was never an issue, effort was never an issue, for cryin‘ out loud Gene set himself on fire and Ace got electrocuted in their effort to give the fans everything that they wanted . . . and more. Their were no boundaries. There wasn’t anything they couldn’t . . . and didn’t do.

Much like the WWE during the Attitude Era.

Ace-Frehley-ace-frehley-33417648-800-534Look, this isn’t another story to talk about that, because quite frankly I’m sick of talking about it, but rather, this is a story about WHAT brought the WWE to the dance at a time when it seemed like the entire planet cared about professional wrestling. No different from KISS. What brought four regular guys from the streets of New York to the dance, making them one of the greatest bands in rock-n-roll history–-PRIOR to the departure of Peter Criss and Ace Frehley? They were just a BAND, and really, technically, not that great of one at that. Christine Sixteen? Come on. You and I could have written that song and learned to play it on bass in about an hour and a half. So, it clearly wasn’t the music. What made KISS great was simply this–the time, effort, dedication and energy they put into BEING THE BEST. It was the commitment that all four members of the band made in an effort to get to the top—-and stay there.

sable_4Going back to the Attitude Era, yeah, everybody who worked for the WWE at that time WAS GREAT. And, I’m talking from Kevin Dunn the director of the show, all the way down to Steve Lombardi and Harvey Wippleman, who made sure that everybody had what they needed. Everbody on the roster was great–-from Sable to Luna to Dustin to D’Lo. The lighting guys were great, the sound guys were great–-you had to be GREAT in order to hold your job–-that’s what Vince McMahon demanded from you each and every day. But, trust me, it was called the Attitude Era for a reason. Everybody in that company had the “attitude” that they wanted to be the best. They had the drive, the ambition, the love, the passion and the work ethic. If you look at anything Steve Austin did back then–-the absolute WILL to be the best at what he did smacked you right across the face as you watched from your living room couch. No different from when I first saw KISS at the Garden in 1977. I was three rows from Gene Simmons. I can remember every move he made on that stage. I can remember the love, the fire, the passion, the WILL TO BE THE BEST!

Paul-Stanley-Gene-Simmons_400And, that’s what it’s all about. Because, when you lose that–-you become complacent, and when you become complacent, you become like everybody else, and when you become like everybody else–-nobody cares. And, quite frankly, in my opinion, that’s where the WWE is right now. They are lazy, they are complacent, they are going through the motions, and they are no longer great. There is no fire, and their certainly isn’t any “attitude”. Man, over the years I have really gotten down on my teenage idol Gene Simmons–the greed to make every last dollar he can at whatever the cost–-has just gotten to be too much for me. Money means !@#$%^. When you die you are going without it. Yeah, your family will get it, but once they put that money in the bank, or invest it, all they’re going to think about is that they wish they had spent more time with the guy whose public fame and success meant nothing to them. But, I’ve got to say this, to this very day, well into his mid-60′s, when Gene Simmons is up on that stage–-in his mind he’s that 20 year-old hungry kid from Brooklyn all over again! The same drive, energy, compassion and will to be the best–-is still there stronger than ever. You would NEVER accuse Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons of simply “going through the motions”. They can’t–-their pride would just not allow that.

tedAnd, speaking of pride–-I know Vince McMahon, or, at least I knew him. I was there for the Billionaire Ted skits. I was attached to his hip when he took WCW down after months, and months of that company kicking his backside. And, how did he do it? He did it on raw PRIDE, on the will to be the best in the world at what he did. And, through the birth of WrestleMania, and the hey-day of the Attitude Era-–he was–-nobody could touch him. But, today . . . that is just not the case. The WWE has become “complacent”. It is OK for them to put on a mediocre show, because no matter what they put out there–-in their minds—The WWE Universe will watch? And, they will, no doubt, that crowd in Virginia was hot last night, but, they were HOT because they were THERE. Much like when you go to see a comedian in concert and you laugh at ALL his jokes, not because they’re all funny, but because you are THERE–-in the moment. Come on, you go and see the Who today and you are excited. Why? Because of WHO they used to be, and What you remember they were. Not who they are today.

brigetteThe same goes for the WWE. They are still living of the reputation of the Attitude Era, when about only 25% of the effort is being put into the product. And, let me make this crystal clear–-IT IS NOT THE TALENT. I don’t see a single performer on that show who’s not going all out spauldings to the wall–-NOT ONE. Cena, is the best he’s ever been. Yes, like Simmons he has aged over the years–-but, the effort is still there 100%. Chris Jericho? The energy he had last night, was the same energy I saw when he first stepped into a ring with “The Rock”. The guy is still bringing it, and as I said on twitter last night (@pyroballyhoo) Chris should just legally change his name to MONEY and get it over with! Cesaro–-not a fan–-BRINGING IT. Drago from Rocky IV and Sylvester Stallone’s ex-wife–-BRINGING IT. Dirty Dutch Mantel–-BRINGING IT. Ziggler–-BRINGING IT. The talent is at the top of their game, because trust me–-if they weren’t I’d be calling them out. No–-they are not to blame at this point.

hot_dog_w_mustard2So, you look at creative. Is the creative bad? Well, honestly, there really IS NO creative. What storylines were there last night outside of two people wanting to fight? Was there even an “angle” on the show, because if there was–-then I missed it. Did anything happen that we haven’t seen a million times before? Was there anything unique, fresh, or exciting–-other than two guys fighting over a hot dog, or, were all those involved in putting this show together–-strictly just going through the motions. When the hottest thing you have on your show is a video game starring a talent who’s not even on your roster–-HOUSTON, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Yes, I’m hot because as a wrestling fan since I was 13–-I DESERVE BETTER. If you’re going to ask me to give you three hours of my time on a Monday night–-I deserve A WHOLE LOT BETTER! And, so do all the fans of the WWE Universe. If you want them–us–-to invest in your product–-that’s not going to come out of producing a show that is stained with complacency and staleness. You’re better than that–-we know–-we’ve seen it. The mindset should be that every show is going to be better than the last–if you fall short–-you fall short–-but, that should never be due to lack of effort. There’s just no excuse for that. Look, I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes up there, I really don’t, I only know what I see on Monday nights–-that’s it–-and quite frankly–-what I saw last night wasn’t worth watching.

Step it up, WWE, your talent deserves it, and so do your fans!

http://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

TNARICK™ "The Legend" & R.I.C.K. Entertainment Provide you with the best forum signatures, topics, and polls available on the net.

Reality Is Controlled Knowledge

RUSSO 4 LIFE
thedarkness214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Vicky Venom was a skank
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
Shisen Kopf
Fire up Chips!

Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Shisen Kopf makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I heard she blew every on in TNA but didn't let them finish in her mouth. Fucking cunt.
Shisen Kopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
thedarkness214

thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
1 h3@rd y0ur m0m d1d,,,,
thedarkness214 is offline   Reply With Quote