TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 10-26-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04

James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Steve Corino

I have been thinking recently, as have many, about how Evolution needs a new member. I suddenly thought of a guy who is pretty good in the ring and on the mic. That man is Steve Corino. He was the only positive in that god awful MLW stable known as "The Extreme Horsemen". He plays the cokcy heel beautifully, IMO, and could really add a new dimension to the who idea that Evolution was all about in the first place. The Evolution of wrestling. While I know he is in his 30's now, but I'm sure he could have a good run in the WWE if they put him on RAW and had him join evolution.

Plus, Steve Corino is a name known to the ECW fans (still watching WWE) and could help bring in some new viewers of old fans. I know Steve does great in Japan with Zero-One, but WWE would be a great place for him. He wouldn't have to blade so damn much, plus he fits in very well with Triple H and Ric Flair, plus it would give Batista a break from tagging with Rubber-Tits.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impeccable View Post
If you don't like Triple H, then well, you just don't like fun.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:17 AM   #2
Transplant
...and a Batman symbol

Transplant has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Transplant has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Steve Corino is really good on the mic in my point of view. Saying this, I think it would be a bad idea to put him in Evo. He's a lot better as a leader than a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lead.

If Corino were to join the WWE, I'd send him to Smackdown to form and credibilize some sort of stable there. I remember in ECW, when he had guys like RhIno, Tajiri, Jack Victory, Axel Rotten around him, and the odd FBI thing, so it would piss people off to see him not doing as much talking as say Triple H.

Plus, the bastard likes to bleed alot.
Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:24 AM   #3
Mister Sinister
Less Talk, More Rokk!

Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Too Bad I don't see this happening...don't get me wrong, but I'm a Huge Corino Mark and I would love to see him in WWE...However having said that.

Jim Ross, who we know is the head of Talent Relations and is basically pretty high up on recuiting wrestlers, has said on many occusions, that he thinks, Steve Corino is terrible on the Mic (Which is a Lie) and said he would need to work on his in ring Style, before the WWE would ever consider hiring him...

Stupid Oklahoma Redneck
Mister Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:10 AM   #4
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Hang on a second, didn't Jim Ross pass over his role as Head of Talent Relations to Johnny Ace? If so, maybe there is a slight chance Corino may be signed, although it would be absurd to think that Jim Ross wouldn't be addressed to current talent situations. JR still holds a lot of power over contractig superstars.

Now I would be lying if I said I've seen Corino's work, but judging by the "Rate the Wrestler" threads, Corino scored a 73 (I think). This isn't bad, but it puts him behind guys like Al Snow, Brock Lesnar and Vader, who are all talented in the ring, but aren't exactly in the top ten of guys. IMO this gives Steve Corino a solid "B" rating in terms of all rounded ability. Not bad at all to tell you the truth, since a lot of his work is in "extreme" hardcore based promotions. In a more wrestling based one, I can see Corino more likely increasing that score to a "B+" or an "A-".

If Corino were to come into the WWE, I can see him increasing the number of faces in the main event scene by quite a bit. We've seen the heated Orton/Flair feud, but now I think Orton needs a new opponent. For some reason, I'm hoping that isn't Batista, as I feel this could be used later down the line, and when Batista has improved his skills even further. I can see a Steve Corino vs. Randy Orton feud going a long way, and if Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley is any sign, we could see a brutal Street Fight between the two. Corino could also elevate guys like Rhyno, who he has past personal experience with to upper mid-card/main event level. A feud with maybe Batista and/or Triple H down the line is also possible. To be honest, I woul consider Corino's presenece not a filler, but an opener, as he would add fresh flavour to Evolution. I can see him playing more of a bodyguard type roll to Triple H, as his "close friend" or something, and wrestlers having to pass through Corino before they get to Triple H.

If they can get the guy, I'm all for it, I can see him really helping the product all round, but like I said, I've never seen one Steve Corino match in my life, and I would be appreciative if someone please explained to me what his style is like or something.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #5
Dave Youell
1/2 Optimist 1/2 Amazing

Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
In his Shoot Steve said it best,

I'm too small to be a cruiserweight and i'm not big enough to be considered a threat in the bigger divisions.

He did approach WWF a while back but they wern't interested, he's not a great worker and alot of his promo skills evolve around generating cheap heat with the crowd, plus he's not in the best of shape.

So I don't think Evolution need him

Don't get me wrong he was perfect in ECW, but he's not WWE material
Dave Youell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Mister Sinister
Less Talk, More Rokk!

Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mister Sinister has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienoid06
Hang on a second, didn't Jim Ross pass over his role as Head of Talent Relations to Johnny Ace? If so, maybe there is a slight chance Corino may be signed, although it would be absurd to think that Jim Ross wouldn't be addressed to current talent situations. JR still holds a lot of power over contractig superstars.

Now I would be lying if I said I've seen Corino's work, but judging by the "Rate the Wrestler" threads, Corino scored a 73 (I think). This isn't bad, but it puts him behind guys like Al Snow, Brock Lesnar and Vader, who are all talented in the ring, but aren't exactly in the top ten of guys. IMO this gives Steve Corino a solid "B" rating in terms of all rounded ability. Not bad at all to tell you the truth, since a lot of his work is in "extreme" hardcore based promotions. In a more wrestling based one, I can see Corino more likely increasing that score to a "B+" or an "A-".

If Corino were to come into the WWE, I can see him increasing the number of faces in the main event scene by quite a bit. We've seen the heated Orton/Flair feud, but now I think Orton needs a new opponent. For some reason, I'm hoping that isn't Batista, as I feel this could be used later down the line, and when Batista has improved his skills even further. I can see a Steve Corino vs. Randy Orton feud going a long way, and if Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley is any sign, we could see a brutal Street Fight between the two. Corino could also elevate guys like Rhyno, who he has past personal experience with to upper mid-card/main event level. A feud with maybe Batista and/or Triple H down the line is also possible. To be honest, I woul consider Corino's presenece not a filler, but an opener, as he would add fresh flavour to Evolution. I can see him playing more of a bodyguard type roll to Triple H, as his "close friend" or something, and wrestlers having to pass through Corino before they get to Triple H.

If they can get the guy, I'm all for it, I can see him really helping the product all round, but like I said, I've never seen one Steve Corino match in my life, and I would be appreciative if someone please explained to me what his style is like or something.

Corino, is well...I'll use his ECW Nickname for this.

He Called himself....The King Of Old School...I'm sure you can figure out his style there
Old 10-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #7
Aussie Skier
So long, Eddie! miss you.

Aussie Skier is "reptacular" (2,500+)Aussie Skier is "reptacular" (2,500+)Aussie Skier is "reptacular" (2,500+)
[QUOTE=Alienoid06]Hang on a second, didn't Jim Ross pass over his role as Head of Talent Relations to Johnny Ace? If so, maybe there is a slight chance Corino may be signed, although it would be absurd to think that Jim Ross wouldn't be addressed to current talent situations. JR still holds a lot of power over contractig superstars.

QUOTE]

i gotta say, a 73 is pretty average.
i mean, all the non-wwe guys get much better ratings usually.
that possibly the worst rating is it not?
Aussie Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:32 PM   #8
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Skier
i gotta say, a 73 is pretty average.
i mean, all the non-wwe guys get much better ratings usually.
that possibly the worst rating is it not?
It's one of the lower scores, but guys like JBL, Hardcore Holly, etc. have gotten way lower. Those slightly above him are pretty good wrestlers, and Jeff Jarret is pretty good, and he is below him. I wouldn't say it is a bad score, because I think if we rated some guys like A-Train, Mark Henry & Rikishi, we'd get a better picture of what a "C" is.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:17 PM   #9
Mister Sinister
Less Talk, More Rokk!

Well 73, isn't a bad score...it's slightly above Average in my opinion, however I kinda feel it's a little low for him, but that's for my personal Opinion of him, I would of liked him to scored atleast a 80.

However, Corino is about right for him, I'll Explain.

He is a over name, along the Indy, Japan, ECW and TNA Fans, however he wouldn't be a big name as, say Styles is now, If I was going to compare his overness, it would be about the same as about Rhyno or Tajiri in WWE. (B- or C+)

He is a good Wrestler, however he is only...A Good Wrestler and not a Great Wrestler, he doesn't really stand out in his ability, he can put on great matches, Sells Well, has a pretty cool finisher (B-)

He is a master of gaining heat, atleast he was in ECW, I don't know if things have changed, But the guy was great on the Mic (B or B+)

However he didn't have that look that screams Superstar, I mean, the long blonde hair, the build, the pale like skin and a small body and lanky body (C-)
Old 10-26-2004, 07:30 PM   #10
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Corino was offered a announcing gig but he turned it down. WWE doesn't want him as a wrestler and now Heyman is there, Corino won't go. Plus all the scars on his head from all the huge blade jobs aren't at all liked by WWE.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote