TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o t h e r > computer help forum

Old 01-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
JokerFace
DTA JIGGASOB

JokerFace does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Public WiFi / Tablets

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet, WiFi only. My primary use of it will be at home, and I did not feel like paying an extra $30 to $50 a month for a 4G connection.

I would like to use my tablet to read news websites at Starbucks, which offers unsecured WiFi. Are there any safe ways to use my tablet without possibly compromising information? With an Android tablet, my Android/Google account is linked to my Gmail account which has some passwords and other information that I would not want compromised.

I was thinking of unlinking my normal Google account with the tablet, and making a new Google account that would be ONLY for the tabet -- would not use it for email or anything.

Any ideas?
Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Red face

It's fine. it's fully encrypted and the Starbucks guys can't see it, only websites you've visted probably.

If they really wanted, they could do deep packet insepction, but you can do that with any internet traffic and even then, you have bruteforce the password.