TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o t h e r > computer help forum

Old 12-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #1
PorkSoda
Diabetes Coming To Getcha

PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PorkSoda puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Another problem :(

Alright, I'll get right to the problem. WHat a way to start off....

Sad as it is, I'm only 16 and still live with my parents. Well, kind of, step father but enough of that.

I was on the CPU a few nights ago, it was running fine. My mother started using it and after that, the comp has been running SO slow. I found out that somehow, ATI was uninstalled. I went to go to the ATI website and download a video driver. I have done that before and after that, everything was going fast and good. Now, when I go to the ATI site and try to DL it, the internet crashes because of some problem. I try to download Bearshare again, and when I try to, the internet crashes for that. Hell, I go to wrestlecrap.com and try to get on the forums, but the internet crashes too. Now, I dont think I can come here (Tpwwforums) when I'm at home because a white error screen comes up saying There Is A Slight Problem With THe Database. I dont know if thats my problem or hte sites, but it sucks. And it seems to be getting worse. Last night, I opened up AIM, went onto Hotmail, and it took literally 5 minutes to open up the whole site. ANother 5 minutes to put my name/pass in and another 5 to actually send the whole message, and I type fast. I play this game Enemy Territory (RTCW game) and when I install the ATI driver from the CD I have, I go into the game, my lag/ping is 34...thats excellent, but I freeze and stuff. If I install the driver from the site, it all goes well.

BLah blah blah, anyway, how can I fix this lag problem I have with the comp? I also have this problem where it says "Your Virtual Memory Is Too Low" or something like that. Sorry for ranting, but does anyone have any ideas on how I can make it go back to normal?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
DS
look at that hat

DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)DS has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
First off, Bearshare has lots of spyware. Download Ad-Aware and run a full system scan and delete everything on your computer. If that doesn't work run a virus scan. You can run a free one here.

The error you're getting when you come to TPWW is the sites fault, not yours. So don't worry about that.

It sounds like you just have a lot of spyware and/or viruses.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
CREDO
Gruddammit!

CREDO is "reptacular" (2,500+)CREDO is "reptacular" (2,500+)CREDO is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Sounds like its time for a re-install of windows.

that will fix nearly everything. Go find a mate who knows what hes doing and get your comp cleaned out.
nothing says "its running like new" like a clean re-install.