TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o t h e r > computer help forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My computer's being all kinds of ridiculous...

So I've got Microsoft Security Essentials. It found a couple issues the other day and removed them. No biggie. But soon after. I realized I couldn't get online. It just stays "identifying".

At this point, I noticed MSE's real-time protection was off and when I try to turn it on, it stalls for a minute before saying it couldn't turn real-time protection on. (Error code: 0x8000705b4)

I then noticed my firewall was off as well. When I try to turn it on it tell me it can't (Error code 0x80070424)

So I try making sure windows update has updated everything. I click to open it and it just stalls for about a minute and when it finally comes on and I try to check for updates, it tells me it can't because it's not turned on.

After looking up fixes online for a bit, I finally gave up and did a system restore. Tried every available restore date and each time, it came back saying it couldn't complete successfully.

My computer was running fine a few days ago so I'm guessing there's one thing that fucked all this up. I just can't figure out what it is and I am not exactly computer savvy.

Anyone have any ideas, TP dub???