TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 07-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #561
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The movie stays with you and grows in your mind like nothing I've ever experienced. It seems like this must be what Star Wars was like when it came out.
As time goes on after seeing it, it becomes almost like you were in Gotham and experienced the events. I've never experienced a movie before that's more immersing and real, nor one that gets better after you've seen it.
Can't get it out of my head.

The movie was perfect, but the only thing I was a little disrupted by was
SPOILER: show
the 10 or so minutes after the Joker broke out of jail, when he was calling in multiple threats and the whole hospital stuff was going on, as well as Two Face being revealed and going nuts. There was a lot going on and it got a tad confusing. Maybe I'm over analyzing it, or my mind was wandering at how amazing something on screen was, but that short portion was a little messy and hurried. However, I need to see it again to smooth things out. Perhaps the hurriedness and chaos of it is fitting, since that's exactly what the Joker was causing when he got out.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #562
MCEazy
Nowhere Man

MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)MCEazy is good (20,000+)
Only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of blood which sort of took away a sense of realism a bit but considering it was rated PG I guess they couldn't maybe. Only a small blemish in an otherwise flawless movie anyway
MCEazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #563
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
An amazing movie. I really liked how they didnt hide the locations they used like they did in the first movie. I recognized almost all of the outside shots they used when they were filming in chicago. Real cool stuff. and am I the only one that thinks maggie gyllenhal is hot? and on that note
Reavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #564
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Maggie has her moments for me, but Katie Holmes is so much more attractive. Unfortunately, however, Holmes' attractiveness does not translate in her acting ability. I've seen her do better in a lot of movies, but Batman Begins was definitely not her shining moment.

Maggie did well. She did her job and did no detract from the rest of the movie overall.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #565
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
If Johnny Depp is signed to be a villain in the next one, he needs to play the riddler. He would be perfect for the role. I understand that with the current situation he is probably the ONLY actor that could carry on the performance of this movie or make it better, but I just see him taking the Riddler role to the extreme.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #566
Kenny
Luke 15:11-32

Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
I saw this movie with my wife yesterday and we both really enjoyed it. I'm not too familiar with the comic books, but I do know that in the series the Joker is a more mysterious figure and often gives conflicting stories regarding his past. That's the exact Joker you get in this movie.

In the first Batman film you knew who the Joker was and how he became the Joker. In this movie you have a mad man, seemingly with no identity, and no other motive other than to create complete and utter chaos.

I thought the mixture of chaos, comedy, surprises, and story development was perfect.

The scenes with the Joker really gave me the impression that this guy was just incredibly demented, and probably never had a conscious to begin with.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #567
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Question/discussion...
Was Joker in it for the deal of half the mob money at first, and then after seeing how much fun it was, decided he didn't want the money and wanted to take over the city and be a better class of criminal? Or did he use the mob and the money all along to gain leverage enough to take over the city with his chaos? I wonder this, because he's also robbing banks at the beginning. He seems concerned with money and crime in the first half, then suddenly he's above money and is all about pure chaos.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #568
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Indifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be banned
Would anyone imagine robin in the next one?

If so I feel he should be like 14 or something.
Indifferent Clox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #569
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Robin has no place in this interpretation of Batman. Neither do Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Croc, Man Bat or any other supernatural characters or elements.

Robin's not supernatural, but he undermines what Batman is. At least what Batman is in this interpretation. A watcher and guardian and a dark, brooding, loner.

Batman doesn't need a sidekick in Robin storywise either because in this we have the wonderful new character of Lucius Fox, and Gordon has become a hero and star in his own right.
In my mind, given what they're going for with this version, there aren't many options left for new characters to bring in.
I think if we even see a third film, we'll see Riddler and possibly Catwoman or the return of Ras Al Guhl.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:33 PM   #570
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Indifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be banned
I think Robin is part of the batman mythology. They might bring him in as a reluctant and troubled youth a much darker robin than we've seen. But I dunno. It might not be till the 4th one or something.

Also what of the Penguin?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #571
Jeritron
Get a poke on

I think Nolan doesn't like Penguin. Personally, I'm not too fond of him either but it's pretty basic that he's the 2nd most well known Batman villain, at least mainstream.

I don't think he has the dynamic or depth to be a whole movie character, at least not in a realistic vision. He'd be okay if he was just a normal human mob boss that was portly and got the street name Penguin. But I'd only like that to be a supporting villain, like Falcone and Maroni were in the first 2.
It'd be interesting to see the plot focus around Riddler as the main villain, with a normal Penguin running the mob in the background.

It's a shame Joker is not available, but I don't think they should attempt to recast at all. If they do, I won't accept it. It's unthinkable. There's no loose ends really, he was caught so it's perfectly acceptable that he's in Arkham off screen. Doesn't mean he has to stay there forever, but for the purposes of this trilogy yes.

I envisioned Batman turning to Joker to help him understand the Riddler or the next villain a la Clarice turning to Hanibal Lecter. That would have been a great way to utilize him. It could possibly be done in one or two scene with some clever tricks.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #572
Mr. Monday Morning
All Part Of The Plan

Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)Mr. Monday Morning is good (20,000+)
Bale's already been quoted as saying he doesn't want Robin in the series.

Talia might work but it's probably not going to be in the best interests of the series to reference back to Ra's. It would seem Riddler or Penguin would be the only two to have sufficient weight to follow Joker/Two-Face though. Wouldn't count on Johnny Depp either. I mean look at how many people were convinced someone like Crispin Glover was going to be Joker.
Mr. Monday Morning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #573
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
Question/discussion...
Was Joker in it for the deal of half the mob money at first, and then after seeing how much fun it was, decided he didn't want the money and wanted to take over the city and be a better class of criminal? Or did he use the mob and the money all along to gain leverage enough to take over the city with his chaos? I wonder this, because he's also robbing banks at the beginning. He seems concerned with money and crime in the first half, then suddenly he's above money and is all about pure chaos.

he wnted to use their money to have them turn on eachother.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #574
Indifferent Clox
emerge

What if they made up a new villian?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #575
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Quote:

It's a shame Joker is not available, but I don't think they should attempt to recast at all. If they do, I won't accept it. It's unthinkable. There's no loose ends really, he was caught so it's perfectly acceptable that he's in Arkham off screen. Doesn't mean he has to stay there forever, but for the purposes of this trilogy yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monday Morning View Post
Talia might work but it's probably not going to be in the best interests of the series to reference back to Ra's. It would seem Riddler or Penguin would be the only two to have sufficient weight to follow Joker/Two-Face though. Wouldn't count on Johnny Depp either. I mean look at how many people were convinced someone like Crispin Glover was going to be Joker.

Well there have been reports of Johnny Depp being on for it. Like I said before he might be one of the only actors to be able to recreate or improve on the joker role if thats possible, but he could make the riddler role crazy and I hope that they dont try and make him do the jokjer, but at the same time I want the joker in the next movie.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #576
Indifferent Clox
emerge

black mask maybe?
Old 07-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #577
Indifferent Clox
emerge

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25681350/
Old 07-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #578
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

they could make mr freeze work if they really wanted to, just tone him down a little bit
Old 07-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #579
Indifferent Clox
emerge

I don't think they want that batman and Robin stigma
Old 07-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #580
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

i mean they made the scare crow work why not freeze or the others
Old 07-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #581
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox View Post
I don't think they want that batman and Robin stigma
u realize that two face has robin stigma right?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:07 PM   #582
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavant View Post

he wnted to use their money to have them turn on eachother.
How so?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #583
thedamndest
A Property of Matter

thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I would like to see Rupert Thorne eventually. I thought about Scarface briefly, but like that article said, I don't know how serious he would be taken. Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin all seem like good candidates for the next one. I could see Mr. Freeze in there just because he has such a good back story that Nolan may be able to work with, but everyone else like ManBat, Clayface, Killer Croc, I don't think they are right for this series. No Robin, ever.
thedamndest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #584
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

he got all the mob bosses out of the way that could stop them. He brought them all down and used their men to help himself. He needed to control the money to start the chaos. Once he controlled the money, he destroyed it.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #585
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

i really think that if he toned down the theatrics of mr freeze, he could do it. Hell, ras is supposed to be some immortal and they didnt go with that.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #586
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Catwoman would be horrible.

Riddler isthe only way to go for the next one.
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #587
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavant View Post
u realize that two face has robin stigma right?
That was batman forever not batman and robin.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #588
Indifferent Clox
emerge

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop...ails-8738.html
Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #589
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
All of that sounds a little... off. We'll see if the rumors are replicated by other sources.

If Robin joins the Bale era, it won't/shouldn't be for a long time.
We seen Babara Gordon, she was a young girl. And Nolan went out of his way to keep her from the lime light - helping us keep the thoughts of sidekicks out of our heads.
You gotta imagine Babs and Dick around the same age.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #590
McLegend
Temporary

McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
This movie was quite the experience.
McLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #591
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
This Thread Says Dark Knight, but apparently we're not suppossed to talk about the movie without spoiling it for some reason, so don't read if you don't want to be spoiled, I Guess?

wow, are you fucking kidding me with this movie??? amazing in every aspect. I don't even know where to begin. One of the best movies I've ever seen...ever. And I'm not just saying that given all the hype and circumstances around it. I loved the action definately, but the storylines and the performances were just phenomenal. And my god, can you get a better Joker then that? He nailed the part 10 fold and blew every other villan in any other superhero movie out of the water. Hell, I'll go as far to say that preformance will go down as one of the greatest villans ever in cinema history. I mean jesus, I watched people in that theatre. He was making them cringe one second and then laugh the next and then making people turn away in disgust a second later. This is the Joker I wanted to see. I loved the scene where he burned all the money up as that wasn't what he was about. He just wanted to see human and world destruction. god, it was fucking brilliant.

I actually thought they were saving Two Face for 3, but fuck, I loved they did it all with this one. Like I know they would turn him here, but didn't think they would go where they did.

They swerved me with the Commisioner Gordon thing. I really thought they offed him. Good shit.

100/100 10/10 A PLUS. whatever you need.

the only thing I kind of wanted (and this is not a complaint what so ever) was I wish they didn't just leave Joker hanging around as his last scene. I wish the movie would of ended with him in whatever way.

Last edited by Loose Cannon; 07-20-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #592
McLegend
Temporary

McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Put some tags or highlight that in black son. People might be a little mad after reading that.
McLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #593
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Its kinda like two face got the venom treatment almost. developed through the movie and not long after becoming what hes destined to become he gets offed.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #594
thedamndest
A Property of Matter

thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)thedamndest makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
With Rachel being dead now, Catwoman would make sense as there isn't really another leading lady role currently.
thedamndest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 AM   #595
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I couldnt believe they teased a Superman vs Batman movie at the end.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #596
Requiem

Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Saw this earlier. Freaking loved it. Can't really say much more other than that. Had a hard time finding any faults with it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:03 AM   #597
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Saw this about an hour ago, I could not believe a movie could ever match the original in the series, but wow. I was blown away.

And thank you Heath, you truly went out on the top.
El Fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #598
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Question/discussion...

I think it makes sense that he wants the money for reasons like paying his men their dues, purchasing weapons, explosives, vehicles, paying off cops, etc. The money he steals at the very beginning however is the $61 million that Maroni and company talk about in the kitchen meeting scene, and I think Joker steals that to make a point to them that he means business and isn't afraid of them.

I think he asks for half of the money as a show of power. He could care less about the money himself, what's important to him is showing them that he is the one who is in control, and when he says he wants half of the entire pot to himself, they better do it. And they do. But that's all that it means to him: the doing of it. So he burns it.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #599
PapaGeorgio
2015 TPWW FANTASY CHAMP

PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
As soon as the credits started to roll everyone was silent. So I turned to my friends and I was like "Eh, I would have rather seen Meet Dave" as a joke. I got so many dirty looks for that statement was pretty funny.

Also I still hope that Two-Face is still around for later treatments. And also if I spoiled anything for you I really don't care. No reason to be in this thread unless you seen it already you pussy.
PapaGeorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #600
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
woah, didn't realize that was actually Scarecrow in the movie. I thought it was just an imposter or something because he got caught so quick. I'm thinking it took the whole film of the last movie to catch him, so no way that was him
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote